best price on spd pedals and cleats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim55

Guru
anybody know of a good price for these ?my mate is getting a new bike tomo (carrera tdf)and after a bit of persuasion iv convinced him to go spd,i think hed prefer the multi release cleats if poss,so 520s for the pedals and sh56 for cleats i think?

Ian193

Über Member
£26 for double sided SPD pedals and £50 for shoes if you shop around. Shoes could be more or less dependending on budget

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Most (if not all) pedals come with cleats. The pedals you mention are under £17 at the moment with all the main online retailers... Wiggle, Evans, Chain Reaction etc

You might get them a little cheaper if you search hard enough, but at that price not worth the effort lol

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Most (if not all) pedals come with cleats. The pedals you mention are under £17 at the moment with all the main online retailers... Wiggle, Evans, Chain Reaction etc

You might get them a little cheaper if you search hard enough, but at that price not worth the effort lol
If you find a real bargain on pedals, double check that they do come with cleats. A few years back I bought 2 pairs of spd-sl pedals for £5 a pair, but they had no cleats. It didnt matter as they were for a 2nd/3rd bike.

OP
OP
jim55

jim55

Guru
thanks peeps ,the only cleats they come with are sh51 (standard cleats NOT multi release)so i think he will just have to buy them seperately

Kookas

Über Member
I'm intrigued, what are multi release? It's pretty easy to get out of the standard ones as it is...?

You can also release by pulling back or up, I think.

Ribble are currently £16 and some odds they come with SH51 cleats. Never used multi release SH 56 too many people I read about reported they were easy to accidentally release.

vickster

Legendary Member
Evans had a good price recently and will match quite a lot of competitors. Normal spd cleats for me, never had an issue

Top Bottom