Best Pump?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KevinG

Hi John,

There has been loads of similar discussions, just do a search on 'pump' and you'll see!

I use a Topeak Mini Master Blaster and its great, attaches to the frame and pretty light.

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
KevinG said:
I use a Topeak Mini Master Blaster and its great, attaches to the frame and pretty light.

+1 - does the job for me... quite a small barrel though so be prepared for a bit of a workout if you have to inflate a new tube xx(

andyhunter

why not get a compressed air can/co2 pump with the adapter which is about the length of the middle finger.As heavy as a chocolate biscuit depending on what brand you go for can be very small and light or heavy. But far smaller than a ordinary pump and fit in your pocket or onto seatpost etc.

harry dunn

Gotta go for BLACKBURN pumps on my MTB the Giant pumps are ok as well.
Carry a ROAD AIR 2 on my race bike

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Presta only?
Specialized Airtool Road <- Basic, but reliable & cheap (£10 rrp)

Presta/Schrader with a gauge?
Topeak Road Morph G. <-Pricey, but reliable & will easily go to 120 psi

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Do consider what you want, incidentally. Do you want to carry on your ride? You need a proper pump, imo (like the two I mentioned above - they will easily get a replaced or repaired tube to riding pressure (talking about road tire pressures here, between 90 & 120 psi)). Do you want to be able to limp home? Then a mini pump is probably fine, do the tires as hard as you can before your arms fall off, and cut your ride short.

Top Bottom