Best Quality Bike RepairStand for £30-£60?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

itaa

Had a look on ebay/amazon, tons of very similar models there, all of them looks like made out of cheese with reviews stating that everything just brakes on them.
I really despise poor quality tools ,so Not entertained by the ''good value for money'' junk Lidl stuff as well.

Is there anything in this budget that is well built and will last & last and provide good ergonomic service?
Would be good if it's semi-foldable so doesn't takes up much space when not in use.
Can you get something like that in this budget?

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Lidl do a stand that I find very good for the money. I used one for a year and I preferred it to my old stand for which I paid £99. Unfortunately I had to give it back.

I got the Aldi one for £24.99 back in May. Pretty bombproof, and not just 'for the money'.
My one small criticism is that the 5-legged base means there's a lot on the floor, but does make it very stable.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I bought the xtools work stand and find it excellent, it used to hold my cube electric bike no problem and now holds my road bikes perfectly
£64 reduced from £99 and includes a work mat

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/x-tools-hom...90uk&pgrid=17507340302&ptaid=pla-382283383124
Another vote for this one - sold under various brand names, but all the same stand. When I bought my 'BikeTool' one from Ribble the box was actually Branded 'Raleigh'. No need to pay more than £60 -70 although sometimes you see it advertised at a much higher price.

vickster

Legendary Member
I’ve one of these, does the job and easy to acquire (10pc BC discount)

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-maintenance/bike-work-stands/bikehut-repair-stand

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman

migrantwing

Veteran
Still got mine that I bought from Decathlon a good 4-5 years ago. It's basically made of scaffold tubing. Think it was £50 back then. Sturdy, heavy, well built. Also doubles as a clothes hanger :smile:

cb262726706a2287809c081405b53ee4.jpg

keithmac

Guru
I've got the Lidl one (it was on offer at £25).

Held my Ebike project perfectly fine and that is far north of 16kg.

Top Bottom