Best road shoe; money no object.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MessenJah

Rider
I know someone who uses the specialized shoes, says they're ace.

TBH I only like SiDi's because they look ace, and apparently they're still made in Italy.

After Yenrod's recommendation

I bought the Northwave Aerlite SBS shoes

I have to say they are ACE :smile:

Totally Bling :biggrin: comfortable on a long ride (just used them on the Bealach na ba) at the weekend with no pain

Carbon soles, remarkably make a huge difference (particularly when climbing) - no flex whatsoever.

I am well impressed with them

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Spesh carbons are very good, but the best have to be the Bont cycling shoe. Disclaimer, I'm sponsored to a small degree by Bont for my skates.

http://www.bont.com/cycling/

Worn by most of the track cycling team in Beijing.

Bont_Bike_red_01.jpg

If you think cycling shoes are expensive, a pair of custom speedskates like those in my avatar cost nearly £1000. Thanks to Bont I didn't have to pay nearly that much. These guys really know how to make boots that fit well and are comfortable with excellent control. The boots are made to custom foot casts.

gavintc

Guru
I have Spec BG carbon with the wire securing system, I have had them a year and to be honest I am not impressed at how they have lasted. The wire cable is fraying and I have a new cable system on order from the LBS. The heel has started to show some signs of wear with a little piece of plastic at the junction of the sole and the upper coming away.

That said, they are very comfortable and I do love them.

Northwave Aerlites for me too. Really comfortable and look the business.

If you shop around you can usually pick some up in the sale. I am lucky (or not) to have size twelve feet so there are always a few pairs left the shops cannot shift.

Need to wear an oversock if you go out early morning as the ventilation is so good yer feet can get a bit cold.

yenrod

BentMikey said:
It's not a problem in my skates, so I doubt it would be in their cycling shoes.

Well, as I imagine quite few of the population have 'sweaty feet'. And not much air venting then smelly they'd be in my eyes.

I thankfully dont have smelly feet ! :thumbsup:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
What I was trying to say is that there's plenty of air ventilation - that's why I don't suffer in my skates. My skates also don't look like they have much ventilation, but the reality is different. Of course I'm assuming that's the same in the cycling shoes, but that seems reasonable.

Top Bottom