Best saddle for a boney bum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
I did the foil thing that Vickster suggests. Works very well.

Ended up with a Fizik Arione. It's significantly harder and less forgiving than what came on my bike, but also significantly more comfortable because it actually fits!

Last edited:
When I had the sit bones fitting at the local Specialized concept store, it only consisted of sitting on a bit of foam IIRC, and if memory serves there was a very limited choice of saddle widths anyway... So in the end any suitable DIY technique would do the trick FWIW... That said if you see a 2nd hand Brooks B17 (or similar leather saddle, in decent nick) for sale, jump at it. Some people may say, they're a 'bit heavy', for me and given our own body weight variations that is a side issue, and needs filing under 'marginal gains'... ;)

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I think I may have narrow sit bones too so the Brooks B17 may be the answer, having looked at them online tho its hard to imagine they're comfortable! not sure if my local bike shop (Go-Outdoors) do test saddles, will ask though.
Thanks
As the former owner of a bony bum (I've put a bit of weight on over the last 18 months) a B17 may not be the answer, a B17n (narrow) may well be better. It certainly fits me better than my B17 does cos I've still got narrow sit bones (they're just a bit more padded than they were)

Top Bottom