Best shed stain/paint stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
My shed needs treating / painting this summer...what's the best stuff to use that goes on easily, covers well in as few coats as possible. and will last. I don't want to have to do this again for many years, I hate DIY with a passion :laugh:
Cost is a secondary consideration and would prefer to get from a DIY shed/industrial estate type outlet like Toolstation, Wickes, not online. I'll likely go for a green hue :okay:
Cheers for suggestions

Levo-Lon

Guru
Something like Sadolins or similar.
Its not like the coloured fence water you buy for a tenner at the diy shop.
Google for colour and price. Probably 30 quid touch to do a shed

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks all. May or may not do myself, depends on work and health. If I pay someone, they can supply

£40 if I just need one tin is fine. I guess it’s a standard sort of sized shed

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Go for it. That’s how people like me pay the bills. Unscrupulous tradesmen will buy cheap stuff to increase their margin so insist on the best.
Indeed. I’ll say what I want based on recommendations and they can get it

Good to know you’re an unscrupulous tradesman...at least you’re not local or I might have asked you to quote ;)

johnnyb47

Guru
I know i may get some flack off other members for saying this but i use old engine oil mixed with a little diesel. It lasts for years

johnnyb47

Guru
It turns out looking like a dark creosote. It smells for a few days but once its dried it's ok. We always used to soak our fence post's in old tractor oil and red diesel on the farm years ago before we sunk them into to ground. They would last for years before rotting out.

postman

Legendary Member
AVOID RONSEAL ONE COAT it is totally crap.Took FIVE coats to block out blue to forest green.Try to get JOHNSTONES, finest fence paint i have ever used great covering capacity.

Hicky

Guru
The problem with an oil diesel mix is getting a consistent colour.....it is probably one of the better preservatives unless you can get creosote.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My shed needs treating / painting this summer...what's the best stuff to use that goes on easily, covers well in as few coats as possible. and will last. I don't want to have to do this again for many years, I hate DIY with a passion :laugh:
Cost is a secondary consideration and would prefer to get from a DIY shed/industrial estate type outlet like Toolstation, Wickes, not online. I'll likely go for a green hue :okay:
Cheers for suggestions
I did my shed yesterday, the first time for a few years. I used this----
5010214876310_01c?$MOB_PREV$&$width=115&$height=115.jpg
It went on well and covered easily, even on the dry timber of the shed.

Top Bottom