Best thing that happened to you today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The good news that my mother has finally been given a date for her hip replacement operation.

postman

Legendary Member
My girls got superb school reports.So proud.In am 58 my eldest is 12 youngest 10.My eldest saw me crying i was so proud.

work is a grind, but there are times when I notice that I'm surrounded by pretty girls saying 'Simon, can I ask you a question' and laughing at my jokes. They're from all over the world, so it's a little like that James Bond film with the George Lazenby - 'yes, agent 23, your special mission is to detail this joinery unit'.

Better still, getting a text message from Mrs L. grabbing two umbrellas, putting one in the bag of the Brompton and the other over my head, and cycling down to the bus stop with brolly aloft, arriving just as she got off the bus.

Noodley

I gave somebody a job. xx(

Noodley

tdr1nka said:
Not a poo in a paper bag I trust!?

No, a proper job. I also had to turn down a really good candidate xx(

It was actually worse interviewing and deciding than being interviewed.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Had a really pleasant ride in.

(And then snapped a spoke on the rear wheel on the journey home and had to wait an hour for a train)

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Noodley said:
No, a proper job. I also had to turn down a really good candidate xx(

It was actually worse interviewing and deciding than being interviewed.

I'm somewhat glad I've never had that responsability.
A good friend did the same recently and came round for tea and a weep as she felt so bad for the applicants she'd had to turn down.:ohmy:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
tdr1nka said:
Nice one piedwagtail91!
I think everyone in the country should have six months CBT by law!!

I thought it was Compulsary Basic Training, the test you take to ride a motorcycle on a public highway, and couldn't agree more. Now I know what it also is.........I couldn't agree more:biggrin:

Top Bottom