Best way of smoothing out road bumps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
FYI, here is the current configuration
View attachment 336023

That position would hurt my back.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Yes, that's what I meant. :smile:

Sorry Dave, I was just slow in typing, your reply wasn't there when I started. :blush:

I think we all do weight transfer to some extent anyway, maybe without thinking about it. Roadies do it when crossing sunken manhole covers, MTB'ers and CX'ers do it all day long. :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The saddle looks way too low which I reckon means that her bum (and through that, her spine) will be taking more of any impacts than her legs will. If the saddle were raised then it would be easier to raise herself up and let her legs act as suspension.

Also, as suggested above - bending forwards more would stop any impacts through the saddle going straight up the spine.

The saddle looks way too low which I reckon means that her bum (and through that, her spine) will be taking more of any impacts than her legs will. If the saddle were raised then it would be easier to raise herself up and let her legs act as suspension.

Also, as suggested above - bending forwards more would stop any impacts through the saddle going straight up the spine.
Thanks @ColinJ

Again, the worst problem for her, with her genetic inheritance, was posture. Bending to the original handlebars caused her real pain. She's addressed that. The minor problem she also had was the road shock. At this point in time, she's going to see how that is with the new posture. And also, she's going to playfully send a picture to her physio, so if there are red flags there with respect to her injury, they will see it.

I too was worried about her saddle height so I explained that with her heel on the pedal, her knee should be lock-out straight, and it was - despite how it looks in the picture. Is there a better metric?

Top Bottom