Best way to avoid death?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
kyuss said:
Perhaps you could explain to those of us without the ability to defy the laws of physics, exactly how you do that then.

Glad it's not just me then :blush:

aserota

Über Member
Hi Rhys,

I ride a similar route and distance each day on fixed so thought i should comment.
I commute 30 miles daily (15 either way) from NW London to London Bridge. I commute on a stock Bianchi Pista, with flat handlebars and a good front brake. I am currently running an 80" gear, but that is because it suits my riding style.

I used to commute on a Dolan Precursa Track bike, using a 69" gear, which was much quick off the line, but a nightmare on flyovers and felt far to spinney.

Im on LFGSS and its a great forum, but like any forum theres a trend and youve got to do what feels comforable for you rather then what will make others 'respect' you.

I find the fixed ride more exciting/challenging for climbing and far more controlable in traffic then a geared bike (other may not agree). It took me 1-2 days to properly get used to riding fixed, but unless im doing 100+ miles a day or am riding just hills, i wont ride anything with a freewheel.

I still dont understand people who ride brakeless, or have any respect for them!

skwerl

D4VOW said:
With regards to flipping the wheel and changing the direction of the tyre, it amazes me how many people can't figure out how to flip a wheel while keeping the direction of the tyre the same. If you flip the wheel over instead of turning it around you will change cogs and keep the tyre running in the same direction.

please, please tell us this is a joke. please

D4VOW

skwerl said:
please, please tell us this is a joke. please

In the same vane as getting a child to try and touch their nose with their elbow and telling them you can do it but won't show them how because they will then know how to do it :biggrin:

OP
OP
R

Rhys_Po

[Update] Bit the bullet and went straight to fixed .... just one thing to say
I absomafeckinglutely get it!!

Love it! I'm sure there will be a few forgetful surprises in coming weeks, but I have to honestly say I doubt whether I'll ever want to ride my Hybrid again.

Going to give it one more week of familiarisation, then start commuting in on it.

Thanx for all the tips folks.

Top Bottom