Best way to drop 12kg of fat = cycling or weight training 3x per week?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
It always boils down to calories in v calories out = calorie deficit.

How you go about it, is varied.

You could go low fat or high fat diet based, increase protein to help lean mass.

I think I agree with the 1 st part but as already mentioned the vast majority have excess protein already so any extra is converted to sugar then fat is not used so high protein diets are a misnomer

presta

Guru
my experience: it feels like my body is trying to reduce my metabolic rate to match the lower calorie intake
I missed this when I listened the first time:
"if you reduce your calorie intake you will lose weight but it slows down your metabolism"
Prof Tim Spector (from 4m35s)

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Intermittent fasting for me. Just seems easier than counting calories and has other health benefits too. Just started back on it myself.

I don't want to make assumptions from your profile pic, but.... intermittent fasting and training / exercising fasted is defo not recommended for women, particularly once of a menopausal age and beyond.

Low carb and high protein diet is recommended, it helps to offset muscle mass decline, which hits women much more than men at that age and a good balance or cardio vasc and toning / stretching / strength work out.

CXRAndy

Guru
I think I agree with the 1 st part but as already mentioned the vast majority have excess protein already so any extra is converted to sugar then fat is not used so high protein diets are a misnomer

I can lose more weight by increasing protein intake then other food.

I employ intermittent fasting with high animal fats and proteins, virtually no carbs

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Ride your bike in the evening. Have a shower. Brush your teeth when you get out of the shower so that you don't get tempted to raid the fridge 'to replace the calories'.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I was in a rush and a bit distracted and I forgot to have breakfast this morning. I didn't remember til lunchtime.

I can't wait to get home and weigh myself to see how many stone I've lost.

Top Bottom