Best way to lock?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy Davies

Hey guys

Ask a silly question get a silly answer but does anyone have a suggestion of the best way to lock a foldup bike? I haven't found a way to secure the seat, anyone could just unclamp it and pull it straight out of the lock? Is that anything to worry about? Do you bother to secure the frame and a wheel?

I am not talking about leaving it for hours and hours, more if I nip into a shop or stop for a quick coffee and don't have line of sight.

Cheers

Andy

OP
OP
Andy Davies

Andy Davies

Oh and I suppose - do you lock it folded or "assembled"?

Hmmm....*scratches head*

OP
OP
Andy Davies

Andy Davies

A: I don't have an answer to your question (sorry).

B: Are you from Calgary? (Noting your avatar?)

Hey

That's ok lol.

And no I am from Essex in the UK, but I spent 4 months out in Canada in the last year for some training with work! And I love the Flames! Hence the Avatar!

Andy

OP
OP
Andy Davies

Andy Davies

I'd use a D-lock around something.
Don't use a cable lock - that's how I lost my first Brompton...

Thanks I have a Gold Secure D Lock from Master Lock so hoping that will do the job. Bit worried it's not that wide but will be enough to go around some railings etc...

OP
OP
Andy Davies

Andy Davies

At least you're not here for this winter. Calgary got winter early and the NHL lockout is killing Canada. >:sad:

I'm from Ottawa. :smile:

Yes I heard from my colleagues they had snow really early! Some heavy snow dumps. Seen some pics of Lake Louise this season...looked lovely!

I only heard about the lockout yesterday - can't believe it!! So glad I am not there this year, I got to enjoy the sport and I hate football etc. so it was a miracle. Was even lucky enough to get to see a Flames game and a Hitmen one too.

Manonabike

Über Member
I suggest you search the forum as there are some pretty good threads on the subject.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I guess it depends on what type it is, you could use a d lock and longer cable to secure other bits to it. If its a Brompton why not take it in places with you

I tend not to fold my birdy up if just parking but I have taken the seatpost with me on occasion

OP
OP
Andy Davies

Andy Davies

What sort of folder is it? if a Brompton why not take it with you

It's a Dahon Vitesse. Ideally I would like to cycle to the local shops rather than drive to pick up my supplies, but don't fancy carrying it round with me in the shop or wheeling it round (doubt they would allow that). I just want to lock it up outside while I get my shopping. I could fold it up and leave it inside the door, but then it's not locked at all lol!!

Top Bottom