Best way to take an acoustic guitar on a tour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thistler

Veteran
I have seen people carry guitars amid other touring gear on trailers, but if I were to stick to panniers, what do you think would be the most practical way to carry a guitar? I'm talking about an 000 size, not huge but not small either. I'd be fine with it in a gig bag, which is considerably smaller than a hard case. I don't want to take a uke/travel size/ foldy-in-half-jobby guitar, I already own the one that will be coming with me.

I realize taking a guitar on a tour is very impractical, but as a musician/songwriter, I wouldn't consider going without one.

Plus I can busk when I run out of money..... ;)

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I have seen people carry guitars amid other touring gear on trailers, but if I were to stick to panniers, what do you think would be the most practical way to carry a guitar? I'm talking about an 000 size, not huge but not small either. I'd be fine with it in a gig bag, which is considerably smaller than a hard case. I don't want to take a uke/travel size/ foldy-in-half-jobby guitar, I already own the one that will be coming with me.

I realize taking a guitar on a tour is very impractical, but as a musician/songwriter, I wouldn't consider going without one.

Plus I can busk when I run out of money..... ;)

Could you strap it to your back?

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I could, the gigbag has backpack straps and it's not heavy. I didn't know if this would be comfortable over the long haul, it seems people are always advising not to carry stuff on your back?

I always used to carry a rucksack when I was MTBing as I felt I needed a lot more kit. If you pad out the shoulder straps it could work. How many miles a day are you planing?

OP
OP
thistler

thistler

Veteran
I always used to carry a rucksack when I was MTBing as I felt I needed a lot more kit. If you pad out the shoulder straps it could work. How many miles a day are you planing?
50+, depending on the terrain. Will be carrying all my gear and camping. Not doing a race, want to relax and enjoy the scenery.

OP
OP
thistler

thistler

Veteran
Will do! ;)

OP
OP
thistler

thistler

Veteran
[QUOTE 1540572"]
You'll struggle without using a trailer.
[/quote]

Yes, it looks like a lot of people are recommending the Carry Freedom Y trailer.....

Learn the ukelele?

You could do some George Formby toons

:ohmy:

jags

Guru
i was at a session couple months back one of the lads was playing uke emm really good :thumbsup:
last tour i was on my nice wanted me to take the guitar but i believe campsites have a rule about playing music after a certain hour . conciser a mandolin beautiful instrument
and easy to carry.

Top Bottom