Best Wheelset choice from planet X

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l4dva

Guru
Hi Guys,

About to take the plunge on ordering the Pro Carbon bike for the wife - Great offer on them at the moment £750 for Sram Rival.

They come with the following choice of free wheelsets:

Campagnolo Khamsin - its say they are 2010 model (not sure if this makes much difference)
Fulcrum Racing Sport
FSA Vision Team 30
FSA Vision Team 25

I can't see many reviews of the FSA wheels on the internet. I'm leaning towards the Khamsins at the moment, but just wanted to check the others aren't better. I'm guessing there won't be much difference in them.

Thanks
Kirit

vickster

Legendary Member
I've got Khamsins on the RT58, they roll well and look good, essentially the fulcrum 7 by another name, as I think are the racing sports

I bought a pair of Team 30 wheels from them in December 2014, for a bargain price; £149, for my Ribble work-bike

Evans were offering them at £299, at the same time, & I've since seen them listed elsewhere at about £320

They roll well, are strong, quite light (Evans list them at 1770g - that could be without Q/Rs??)
The bladed spokes look good,
My only criticism is that they can catch a side-wind, due to the profile, but nothing untoward.

Strength?
Yes!!
Last June, the rear lost some spokes, in an incident, during a descent, in traffic, it locked up, but it didn't collapse, nor send me sprawling down the 1-in-10, amongst all the traffic
My 'LBS', & it's ace wheel-builder (Gary Proud, at Kendell Cycles) sorted it out, & it's as good as nwe

Thus, it's a "YES!", to the Team 30, from me

On arrival home

Componants. Wheels. Vision Team 30. 1.JPG

Fitted, with (new) Vittoria Rubino's
Componants. Wheels. Vision Team 30. 2.JPG

Post spoke-breakage
Componants. Wheels. Vision Team 30. 4.JPG

The rim was entirely true, despite the stress no doubt placed upon it
Componants. Wheels. Vision Team 30. 5.JPG

Last edited:
My vision team 30s are out of true for the second time in two years, conversely, and I weigh 11 stone and haven't had an accident. BB

Strength?
Yes!!
Last June, the rear lost some spokes, in an incident, during a descent, in traffic, it locked up, but it didn't collapse, nor send me sprawling down the 1-in-10, amongst all the traffic
My 'LBS', & it's ace wheel-builder (Gary Proud, at Kendell Cycles) sorted it out, & it's as good as new

The rim was entirely true, despite the stress no doubt placed upon it
View attachment 117122

Wow - hope you were ok after that accident mate! Looks like a solid set of wheels!
Sorry, my fault, I wasn't paying full attention to what I was writing, or how I phrased it

Posting amended

It didn't collapse, & didn't, send me into traffic
It did allow me to stop safely, at the kerbside, I did have to carry it the remaining 4 miles home though:rolleyes:
One very irritating point about that Ribble frame, with carrying in mind, the rear brake cable guides lay just where a shoulder would go, if it has to be carried & really dig in:cursing:

My vision team 30s are out of true for the second time in two years, conversely, and I weigh 11 stone and haven't had an accident. BB
Must possibly be a bad pair?

Sorry, my fault, I wasn't paying full attention to what I was writing, or how I phrased it

Posting amended

It didn't collapse, & didn't, send me into traffic
It did allow me to stop safely, at the kerbside, I did have to carry it the remaining 4 miles home though:rolleyes:
One very irritating point about that Ribble frame, with carrying in mind, the rear brake cable guides lay just where a shoulder would go, if it has to be carried & really dig in:cursing:

Must possibly be a bad pair?
Just as likely to be a weak wheelset and you got a lucky strong pair BB

Top Bottom