"Bet you wish you didn't have to ride home today"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
"What happens when it rains?"
you take the aluminium bike as carbon melts in the rain. Is the usual response

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
One of my sisters is 5 years older than me.

(After I got back from a 30 mile bike ride, aged 40): "You won't still be doing that when you get to my age!"

(After I got back from a 60 mile bike ride, aged 45): "You won't still be doing that when you get to my age!"

(After I got back from a 90 mile bike ride, aged 50): "You won't still be doing that when you get to my age!"

(After I got back from a 120 mile bike ride, aged 55): "You won't still be doing that when you get to my age!"

I am now 60 and intend to do some rides this year > 125 miles in length. I wonder if she still thinks that I won't be doing much in 5 years time? :whistle:

If she keeps it up long enough then I suppose she will eventually be right! :okay:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Recently, at work, the weather had turned, it was quite stormy.
Me: just as well I always pack my waterproofs
Colleague: oh, I didn't think you would ride in the rain!
Me: and how would I get the bike home?
C: ... uhm, dunno, take the train and get it back another day when it doesn't rain ...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
My boss looked at me as if I was slightly insane when I told of recent rides like Bristol - Bath and Bath to Bradford on Avon.Her response was ''wouldn't it be quicker to take the train because you can get your bike on easy enough''
Sometimes. Other times, there's no way you'd fit a bike on those sardine cans.

The one that gets me is when I arrive somewhere, ask where the cycle parking is, get told there is none or that it's in some insecure place, then get told "no one comes here by bike" - err, well, I can suggest one thing that might be deterring them!

crazyjoe101

"HOW FAR?!"
This is the one I get the most along with 'you must be mad to ride in that' when the weather's bad. It's funny because when I say 'just been from x' or 'just x miles' I'm not being modest as they think, it's just that anything under 40 or so miles genuinely doesn't seem that much having done a few 100+ milers and knowing people who have done 400 mile events...

Standing in a cramped train carriage (which I would have to walk 20 minutes in the rain to get to each end) with lots of other soggy, damp and coughing people or cycle 35 minutes to work getting a bit of exercise and feeling alive while wearing sensible clothing for the weather conditions?

I know what I would choose.

Wind though, sometimes I do swear at it when it is being a pain in the arse and somehow being a headwind in every direction...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
My replies... or sometimes replies I wish I was brave enough to use:

"What happens when it rains?"
"I'm not made of sugar - I will not melt in rain!"

Where's your helmet?
Reply "In my trousers" with a confused are-you-mad expression on.

Have you lost weight?
"No. Maybe you put some on and so I look thinner by comparison?" although that will upset many.

"HOW FAR?!"
"Oh about half an hour."

Isn't it cold for cycling today?
"I use a coat. You use a car. Which of us is madder?"

Top Bottom