"Bet you wish you didn't have to ride home today"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biking_fox

Guru
This afternoon is looking to be a gorgeous ride! light winds and full sun in warm air.

Tizme

Veteran
I rode to Burnham on Sea on Good Friday and then along to Brean/Berrow (ending up, due to a navigational faux pas at the NT car park dead end:sad:) It was a really lovely day only spoilt by the morons on the Brean road who had to get in front, at all costs, so they could "park" in the traffic queue which could be clearly seen 100 metres in front of them. I just found the whole thing crazy, a lovely day and countless kids stuck, hot & bored in the back of a car in a traffic queue passing about 5 miles of beach less than 100 metres away.
Back in the day when our kids were young we would park near Highbridge and "make" our kids walk/get carried/ride in a buggy all along the path to Burnham , usually as far as the old lighthouse. I was a terrible Dad, can you imagine not allowing my kids to sit in the back of a car all afternoon, I'm surprised I was never reported to childline:laugh:

DrLex

merely the moocher
I once popped into a petrol station for a soft drink & choccy bar after locking the bike up under the window. Girl at the desk said to me (in full cycling gear & lid) "Any fuel with that?".

I was tempted to say that I put a gallon of unleaded in my tyres:laugh:.

Ha! Just been into one on my way back after this afternoon's ride, picking up a carton of ice-cream and a couple of chocolate bars for tonight's pudding, and the girl asked the same Q. I replied "this is my fuel!"

Top Bottom