Beta testers for new forum software

Shaun

Founder
I'm hoping to get the latest release of the new forum software installed sometime next week, and would like a few volunteers to help me test it.

If you fancy test-driving the new CC platform and giving me some constructive feedback, please post on this thread.

I'll PM you with access details once it's ready.

Thanks,
Shaun :thumbsup:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
1st :thumbsup: got experience in testing web sites as it's my job.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Wow, that was quick ... :thumbsup:

The main thing I'm looking for are pointers to the key differences between what we've got now, and the new platform, so I can guide people reasonably smoothly through the switch-over.

I could do it by myself but because we all use the current software differently, it'll help to have a number of perspectives.

Some things will be missing, some will be there but in different places, some will be there but work differently, and then there are the new features that we don't have here that will need explaining.

If we can document most of the major differences beforehand, it'll help others when we migrate.

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:

Steve H

Large Member
Fairly new to forums, so I probably don't understand all the current functionality yet. But if you want a selection of perspectives, I can give you an impression from a new guys perspective.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've got a free week next week... and early forecast's aren't for a heatwave.... pick me if you like - though as long as it isn't too technical to get started.

Will it be a sort of shadow of this one or completely empty structure to wander around in?

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
summerdays said:
.... as long as it isn't too technical to get started.

Not technical at all, just login and have a play. :smile:

I'm hoping to upgrade the test board so it should be pretty complete and contain lots of threads / posts etc.

Cheers,
Shaun ;)

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I'll have a go if I can be of service ;)

Top Bottom