Better bought than homemade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
To go with the fish supper!

gbb

Legendary Member
Beer, tried brewing it once, no doubt made a hash of it, hated it.

contadino

Veteran
Most things that I've invested the time to try and make have turned out to be better than shop-bought.

Notable exceptions were my chocolate which was such a lot of effort for so little. Soap wasn't great. My spoons all warped (but, bless her, the wife still insists on using them.) Cassata - which sagged and turned out so big that most went off.

On the flip side, things that I wouldn't even think about buying in nowadays...

1 bread and rolls (with the exception of panettone)
2 biscuits (as in cheese and biscuits)
3 mayonnaise
4 yoghurt and cream cheese
5 jams and pickles
6 Xmas fudge
7 breakfast cereal
8 compost

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
i know you are joking but I think it is illegal to distill alcohol in domestic premises anyway.

Smudge

Veteran
Marmite..... doubt anyone has even tried to make this top stuff at home. But if they did, it would probably turn out like that disgusting Vegemite.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
To go with the fish supper!
View attachment 514844

Ohh, you've got me all nostalgic now. Once drove from Inverness to Stonehaven to meet up with some fellow Fiat Coupé enthusiasts. It was a fantastic drive over through the best of the Grampians and the clear, twisty roads, and great evening light in Stonehaven where we parked on the quay as one of the drivers knows the harbourmasters and had a good natter. Even managed to understand a few words from one of the other drivers who was a shrimp fisherman. Then we drove up to a hill above Stonehaven to see the evening sun. Can't recall if we had any fish and chips, but I now want to replicate that journey again, but definitely with fish and chips this time.

Just got to choose the car.

(sorry to bring cars into a cycling forum)

Top Bottom