Better Core Strength

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fuji-stu

Hi I've been doing plenty of this lately to help with my training, a Pilates ball is a great way to sort out your trunk section there's loads of vids on u tube, I also am fortunate enough to have a high end gym at work which includes a kenisis machine which is a great bit of kit

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Swiss ball exercises - you can do just about any weights exercise on one.
Planks - God's gift to the sadist personal trainer.
Bosu ball exercises - the Bosu ball looks like half a swiss ball with a plastic surface. Just balance on either surface (squashy side down is easier). When you get the hang of it, get a medicine ball or a light weight and move with it - up and down, side-to-side, over the shoulder and down to the floor.

If you can talk to a professional and/or have access to a gym with the equipment, so much the better

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Circuit sprints

Most clubs have them weekdays (evenings) after 7pm

One at Cheadle off Kingsway (free) Tuesdays (See Manchester Whrs website)
and the one at Tameside track (£2) Thursdays (See Wills Wheels website)

Lots of others in the Manchester area

Any one no of any others Id like to know :smile:

Tomba

Wouldn't know where to start but, for reasons I cant yet disclose, I'm now able to work on the above.

Question is, how ?

^_^

Here's a start.

just jim

Go to a circuit training class. Then you can work on that benchmark of core fitness - the press up. I can manage about three in a row now before collapsing into a jellied heap.

Hicky

Guru
Google is your friend, try bodyweight core exercises....we had a swiss ball in the house...normally used as a bouncy castle by the kids and a makeshift house destroying football...popped the thing and threw it out.

A good friend of mine has a gym in Stockport(not full of sted heads!) and runs all sorts of different classes(boxing/kettle bells/circuits/running club/pilates) and cheap too(pm me if your interested)....he's reps qualled, sports degree and currently doing a physio deg also does personal training if you dont want to do classes.

Kettle bells(Aldi have just had them on sale cheap), however you need to have good posture or these can do more harm than good.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Google is your friend, try bodyweight core exercises....we had a swiss ball in the house...normally used as a bouncy castle by the kids and a makeshift house destroying football...popped the thing and threw it out.

A good friend of mine has a gym in Stockport(not full of sted heads!) and runs all sorts of different classes(boxing/kettle bells/circuits/running club/pilates) and cheap too(pm me if your interested)....he's reps qualled, sports degree and currently doing a physio deg also does personal training if you dont want to do classes.

Kettle bells(Aldi have just had them on sale cheap), however you need to have good posture or these can do more harm than good.

Herein lies the issue, after being 40 stone, its taken it toll

Hicky

Guru
Sorry should have clarified, good posture for the whole of the exercise not good posture in general.
However making a consious effort to standup and situp straight along with core work will help.
There's two ways really both include graft and sweat....pay someone to tell you what/how to do it....or do loads of t'internet trolling/reading and learn to do it yourself or a bit of both.

Top Bottom