Better to be out living it instead of posting about it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone else get this feeling?

I mean, posting about life in general on a forum is all very well, but it's not really comparable with getting out there and actually doing it, is it? Some people seem to be omnipresent here at all hours of the day and night. I don't know how/why they keep it up!

Days when I don't get chance to look on the forum are good days!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I generally post at work and late at night at home, not missing out on much there!

And the time difference means I'm on here in the middle of the UK night!

thePig

Agree that it is much better to be out in the world, and online should never be a substitute.

For me - when I have a spare few minutes, and particularly when having a morning coffee, I really like to check out whats happening online.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I tend to come on here when I'm at a loose end. Been posting a bit recently because I've had a bug and can't ride me bike/go to work/do much.

Or it's the depths of the winter and little to do in the evenings.

yello

My excuse; back and left shoulder ache, plus hayfever (and no anti-histamine) have kept me indoors.

Hopefully, real life will resume tomorrow.

I like to spend as much time as possible on here - it is nice usually and far preferable to televison. I listen to the radio in the evenings, after walking dog, chatting, gardening etc.
I also have access to the site whenever I want through work.
But I only cycle 350 - 400km a week.
Could do better, but then I'm one of life's hasbeanz! :blush:

bonj2

for me it's an alternative to telly, whcih is usually either wifeswap, diy disasters, cashin the attic, depressing news, or some other dross.

I post on here at all times. This forum is my life and you are all my best friends.;)
No, I tend to drop in in the mornings before work and in the evenings, er, after work, especially if I'm sleeping at the yard and there's nothing else to do. But on balance, I'd agree with the OP - I've been thinking recently how much better it would be to get out for an hour or so on the bike in the mornings, and maybe take a bike to work with me and go out at night.

Keith Oates

Janner
Living a batchelor life and being overseas I have free time to visit here for general news as well as cycling related talk. It keeps me a little bit in touch with the UK and after so many years on here and before C+ I get the feeling that I know many of the members even though I've only actually met a few. However posting at work is rare. I also still manage to get a few Km in the legs on most days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
User1314 said:
I agree with the susbstance of the OP.

My main reason for visiting this site sre threefold:

1. Improving my cycling competence on the roads for safety reasons

2. Improving myself as a cyclist

3. General chat and advice re: cycling issues (as I do not mix in cycling circles)

The time spent here has resulted in me becoming a better cyclist and the support and volunteers of posters is positive and of real practical benefit.

All else here is of secondary interest.

I agree with the above ... I've picked up various bits of information that I have passed onto others, everything from the fact you needed to maintain your bike (yes I know I am thick that I didn't realise at first that you needed to do anything other than get it serviced every now and again), how tight a quick release lever should be, technique for mending P*******, tips on gear for the bike. Some tips I've ignored about what clothes ladies should be wearing.... ;), unless they are from reliable resources.

And then there are a few gardening tips too, virtual friendship - I can't pop in when I'm working its usually first thing in the morning or when I get home and want to put my feet up for a bit.

Top Bottom