Bexley Council Sweeper Van Should I report this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
I sent the link to the youtube clip to the Council. I have now had a reply to say that they have passed it to Serco for investigation and I can expect an answer from Serco shortly. I hope this is not a case of passing the buck :unsure: . Time will tell.

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
Well finally I got an answer and an apology from Serco. I was quite happy with this to be honest.

Dear Mr ...
I can confirm that an investigation was conducted against our driver detailed in your YouTube footage and online complaint form. From this investigation disciplinary action was taken against our driver using our own internal disciplinary processes.

Thank you for your willingness to help in the investigation and the details that you provided were invaluable with this.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconsiderate actions of our driver who not only represents Serco but also The London Borough of Bexley.

Okaaaaaaaay; a good enough result.

But taking 10 weeks to respond also "represents Serco and The London Borough of Bexley"? Dunno - maybe I'm just being a curmudgeonly old b*****d.

D

Deleted member 1258

In those situations I tend to use a forceful hand signal well ahead of my pull out point to indicate my intention to pull out and to encourage a following driver to hang back. I had a look at your shadow when you passed through patches of sunlight and there was no evidence of you signalling.

I'm not saying you didn't, and I'm not siding with the driver, but you may want to consider doing a longer held forceful indication in similar situations. Just a thought.

Whilst hand signals are useful, I use them a lot, some drivers ignore them. I was coming back from Daventry on Sunday and was approaching a pinch point on Hipswel Highway, I did the look behind signal and got out into primary and the driver behind still tried the overtake, he only backed out of it when he realized he was going to hit something. Coming home from work the other night I was in the center of the road at a junction with my hand out about to turn right and got overtaken, I'm glad I learned the lifesaver when I was motorcycling in the seventies. Use them definitely, but be prepared for the driver that ignores them.

Top Bottom