BHF London 2 Brighton Night Ride 26/27 May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

Mebbe

thom

____
I'll be out of the country but wouldn't an alternative strategy be interesting - do the reverse route and pass em all ?
I guess it depends what their route is but if they stick to main roads then you'd be safe going against the flow.

ChrisBailey

I cycled down to Brighton today, lots of 'Midnight Bicycle Ride ' signs and the Ditchling Beacon road has been resurfaced! not sure if the two are connected, but it certainly made the climb a lot easier...

1855462 said:
That would mean Ditchling with no bends. Too expensive to paint a life-size representation I suspect...
But I am game for getting up there with some red, green and white paint to make a HUGE FNRttC jersey representation...just at the most photogenic point. Actually - one in each direction so there will be no confusion when people view their photographs.
Or would that be wrong?

Tim Hall

That would mean Ditchling with no bends. Too expensive to paint a life-size representation I suspect...
But I am game for getting up there with some red, green and white paint to make a HUGE FNRttC jersey representation...just at the most photogenic point. Actually - one in each direction so there will be no confusion when people view their photographs.
Or would that be wrong?

You'd need blue and pink so you can do the ghey other version too.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
stay away - especially if it's raining! If my worst fears are realised you'll not want to be there

ChrisBailey

I cycled down to Brighton today, lots of 'Midnight Bicycle Ride ' signs

Thinking about it, worth mentioning that the signs were on the B2036, the road running parallel to the A23, no signs on the Turners Hill, Ardingly, Lindfield, Ditching section. I assume that means they are avoiding the Beacon.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I hope it goes well, but it certainly looks like an overcomplicated mess in the making. Certainly overpriced....

Thinking about it, worth mentioning that the signs were on the B2036, the road running parallel to the A23, no signs on the Turners Hill, Ardingly, Lindfield, Ditching section. I assume that means they are avoiding the Beacon.

They are and going Devil's Dyke instead. This from BHF:

Hi everyone, that's fantastic that some of you have signed up to our first London to Brighton Night Ride.
Just to give you a little more information about the Night Ride - it's approx 60 miles long and follows a signed, marshalled route. We start at Clapham Common, following the majority of the daytime ride route. The main difference is the way that we descend into Brighton. We will not be incorporating Ditchling Beacon into the route to ensure safety of all our cyclists. Instead we will enter via the equally challenging Devil’s Dyke.

Top Bottom