BHF London to Brighton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Part time cyclist

Über Member
We chose the 8:30 just starting to get busy at that time 6:30 there will be no one on the road

DaveP

We chose the 8:30 just starting to get busy at that time 6:30 there will be no one on the road

Well that was kinda the logic, my mate done it last year and he said that it was very slow getting out of London.

Just hope it is not raining on the day, as the plan is once I have got to Brighton, cycle home (another 60 odd mile):bicycle:

Part time cyclist

Über Member
I left at 8:30 last year and didn't walk one inch, granted it was busy but we managed to cycle the whole route the only time we got off our bikes was for a pee and ice cream at the top of Ditchling beacon :smile:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I left at 8:30 last year and didn't walk one inch, granted it was busy but we managed to cycle the whole route the only time we got off our bikes was for a pee and ice cream at the top of Ditchling beacon :smile:
You were pretty lucky then, though I'd be surprised if at 0830 you were past the peak.

OP
OP
xxmimixx

xxmimixx

When I did it last year I started at 7.30 and thought that was a good time. Only had to get off due to sheer volume of crowd when we got into a funnel into a country lane as you leave London. No idea of the name.
Had to walk Ditching hill which took a big bunch of my ride time :sad: but was exhausted and had nothing left in me. :sad:

I have updated the first post to put the names of participants and times. Essex Rider if you let me know your start time I will add it.
I have not confirmed my place yet due to cashflow issues! But if I can by payday I shall start at 7.30. It would be nice to meet some of you! :thumbsup:

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Surely someone here is doing it??:smile:

Confirmed riders:

Deanno @8.00
Gary in Derby @8.00
Slowride @9.30
Annaspanna @9.30
Part time cyclist @8.30
Essex Rider
Dave P @6.30

22000ish people taking part and there are only 7 from CC ?

hatler

Guru
They used to sign on 27,000 riders. Last year they upped it to 30,000.

I got chatting with a copper at one of the turns a few years ago and he reckoned that 80,000 bikes turn up on the seafront.

annaspanna

Be aware that bikes aren't allowed on any train back from Brighton (or the surrounding area) on the day.
I thought that 1) extra trains were laid on and 2) that we could take bikes? Can't understand why BHF would be selling the train ticket home on the registration site?

Top Bottom