BHF London to Brighton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
I'm signed up this year along with all my house mates. One of them did it last year and is very unfit, so we're going along to help push him (probably literally ^_^) along and get him a lot fitter this time.
Last year he was one of the last ones in with a time of 12 hours. This year we hope to half that.

If I don't sort out a custom journey for us all then I'll wear my Cycle Chat jersey so keep an eye out and say hello.

gary in derby

i know we all seem to have different start times tbc. but anyone fancy getting together before,during or after the ride? me and deano have already teamed up but hey more the merrier. as they say safety in numbers lol.

Ashy

To all,

I have signed up, payed and got my welcome pack. Trouble is I can't take part now due to work commitments. Does anyone want my offical place, or at least know of someone who may want it? Personal Message me if interested in buying my slot. :smile:

gary in derby

wel, training going well, upto 30miles now. though not sure where to aim for distance wise and when should i stop or taper off?

Part time cyclist

Über Member
wel, training going well, upto 30miles now. though not sure where to aim for distance wise and when should i stop or taper off?
Excellent how do rhe legs feel after the 30 miles? Adrenalin, comradary will carry you on the day, Ditchling beacon is at about 48 miles ish after that it's all down hill pretty much ....

gary in derby

not sure how
Excellent how do rhe legs feel after the 30 miles? Adrenalin, comradary will carry you on the day, Ditchling beacon is at about 48 miles ish after that it's all down hill pretty much ....
the legs were, didnt talk to me for the rest of the day. lol. but , seriously not to bad, bit rubbery but no lasting aches. Though only felt like a 10 mile ride on monday evening, dont think i had quite recovered.

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Best thing to do with the london to Brighton is take it at your own pace dont knock yourself out when the traffic starts to thin out away from town, drink plenty and enjoy the whole experience.... I was recommended high 5 as an energy drink as I was suffering towards the end and after a long ride, since starting to use that I haven't had any problems, not sure if it's just the placebo effect or the stuff actually works but it does it for me :smile: what start time did you opt for?

redjedi

Über Member

What sort of pace did you do the 30 miles in? and did you do it in one go?
If you can manage that sort of distance I'm sure you'll be fine on the day. Try and do the same ride a few more times (or longer if you can manage it) and give yourself 2 or 3 days off before the ride to recover.

Take your time during the ride and take plenty of fluids and food with you. Find people who are riding at the same pace that you feel comfortable with and get chatting to them, it helps take your mind of the task at hand the miles will fly by.

gary in derby

Cheers, had to very qui
What sort of pace did you do the 30 miles in? and did you do it in one go?
If you can manage that sort of distance I'm sure you'll be fine on the day. Try and do the same ride a few more times (or longer if you can manage it) and give yourself 2 or 3 days off before the ride to recover.

Take your time during the ride and take plenty of fluids and food with you. Find people who are riding at the same pace that you feel comfortable with and get chatting to them, it helps take your mind of the task at hand the miles will fly by.

had two very quick drink stops (havnt got the knack of doing it on the go yet,lol) but apart from that did it in one go. it took 2hours 15min. so about 14mph ish. thought i would up the miles to 35 this weekend with a 15 miles tonight. then next week 2 week day rides of 15m and 35 again next weekend. going to give the high 5 ago as well( thanks p.t.c)

Michaelt

Sorry to hijack this thread but has anyone seen that the BHF are advertising a London to Dover ride? Is anyone planning on doing this as I certainly am and would be up for riding with some fellow CCers. August 18th I think.

Top Bottom