BHF London to Brighton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
LOL

Guys, I'm loving the enthusiasm here!
I recall my first L2B 30 years ago and thinking that (from London) Brighton seemed like the end of the world away, we young cyclists were setting-off on a big adventure to the unknown. It's a day I remember so clearly even now. I hope you have the same sense of achievement and a whole lot of fun as I did back then. It's much busier now and everybody is much better kitted and prepared than they were, but it's still a fab experience. For many many cyclists this will be the longest bike ride they ever do, for others they'll soon be be progressing to being able to do it there and back.

Please be careful, listen to the Marshalls, be very aware of those around you and take extra care at 2 areas, around the feed stops as people stop randomly without warning and also pull out into your path and beware that there's a lot of crunching of gears at every slight incline and random stopping too.
Chat to random strangers, enjoy the stops (I recommend the Burgers at Ardingly), Ice-creams on the Beacon and the warm glowing feeling the descent into Brighton provides until you turn left onto Marina drive and recieve a welcome fit for TDF winners.

Looking forward to the write-ups!
Enjoy, FF.

gary in derby

well, last chance to post as heading south in the morning. i would just like to say good luck to all the guys and girls doing the ride on sunday. look forward to everyones tales of derring doo. on monday.

Chris_S

25107 and 9AM start.
Only just found this forum, should have been on here ages ago getting the support you guys have been offering.
It's my first big ride and I'm absolutely bricking it. I'm an old man who's just returning to the saddle after far too long.
I've done a few 30 mile training rides and am quite comfortable doing them so I feel fairly confident that I will do OK. I KNOW that I will be one of the ones walking up some of the hills (in fact, judging by comments here and other places, leaving at 9AM I won't have much choice).
I just hope the rain holds off, if you see an old man struggling, riding on his own, say hello (and give me a push).
Good luck everyone, I'm told it's fun so that's what I intend to have :-)

Part time cyclist

Über Member
25107 and 9AM start.
Only just found this forum, should have been on here ages ago getting the support you guys have been offering.
It's my first big ride and I'm absolutely bricking it. I'm an old man who's just returning to the saddle after far too long.
I've done a few 30 mile training rides and am quite comfortable doing them so I feel fairly confident that I will do OK. I KNOW that I will be one of the ones walking up some of the hills (in fact, judging by comments here and other places, leaving at 9AM I won't have much choice).
I just hope the rain holds off, if you see an old man struggling, riding on his own, say hello (and give me a push).
Good luck everyone, I'm told it's fun so that's what I intend to have :-)
Just go out and enjoy the ride... I did it last year and had a ball so I'm doing it again with the rest of the family... The atmosphere and comeradery on the ride is excellent you won't be on your own for long... Unless you want to be of course.... Good luck look forward to reading your write up on the ride soon

zigzag

Veteran
pretty good, glorious weather (southerly wind though) and once out of london - not too crowded (i started 6:30). i did it non-stop, except red traffic lights:

L2B Active Log

Deanno1dad

Über Member
What a day..just got home,Big THANKS to Gary,good company for the entire journey and thankyou to his wife Alison for the lift home...took longer then planned,8.00 start had mad congestion in parts..I'll let gary explain why he won't be needing a new polka dot jersey.....Ditchling Beacon nearly killed me!

Top Bottom