BHIT: The Shock, The Horror

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
BHIT was an organisation more beloved of the anti-helmeteers and anti-compulsionists than of the pro-lobby. It appeared a bit daft featuring someone clearly out of her depth with a website designed by a six year old.

For some reason I stumbled back to the site - and was somewhat shocked. Was this the same organisation? The website has a nice new logo and is quite unflashily nice. The message also seems to have changed. It is specifically targeted at children and, as far as I can see does not call or even mention compulsion in its core aims. It is restrained in its claims - quoting the Cochrane review and a neat anecdotal video.

OK both are not going to be accepted by the opposing lobby. But it is a lot less extreme, a lot less than many contributors here. So the anti lobby appear to have lost a bogeyman, something used to ridicule the helmeteers. Is its more focussed, more reasonable message a greater danger?

http://www.bhit.org

Norm

I think that the case for a helmet to benefit kids, at least before their skulls have fully hardened, is considerably more obvious than the case for adults. Which isn't saying much, TBH & IMO, of course.

As for anti-helmeteers, I don't think I know any of them.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I think that the case for a helmet to benefit kids, at least before their skulls have fully hardened, is considerably more obvious than the case for adults. Which isn't saying much, TBH & IMO, of course.

As for anti-helmeteers, I don't think I know any of them.

Myself, 3BM & The Claud.....:whistle::troll::laugh:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Myself, 3BM & The Claud.....:whistle::troll::laugh:

And Mickle! It just doesn't get much cooler than this.

chet-baker-sing-2.jpg

OP
OP
StuartG

StuartG

slower but further
1978538 said:
Where is the trolling?
I can only imagine he completely missed the point of the post (again). For the record it was asking if, in this case, clever lobbying is more dangerous than stupid lobbying.

Still no excuse for being unnecessarily offensive if he wishes to be taken seriously.

The founder of BHIT is a Nurse called Angela Lee

l.jpg

Oh sorry - wrong Angela Lee....

180px-AngelaLeeHelmet.jpg

The founder of BHIT shows the official way of wearing a helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom