Bianchi B4P 928 Build/Rebuild

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
As it's a rainy Sunday, and inspired by @Gunk I thought I'd get started on this again.

Turns out I'd got further than I'd thought last time, but I'd made a total hash of the cables and bar wrap and it's been sat in a loft for years so I may as well start again.

Frame and forks are as the thread title, full carbon and very, very light.

Wheels are 50mm CSN XL Superleggera.

Groupset is Campagnolo Centaur, although the chainset is an FSA Team Issue Carbon effort which I got with the frame when purchased from the previous owner.

Seatpost, stem and bars are a bit of a mish-mash - FSA carbon post, Deda stem and bars.

In an ideal world I'd build it up with fancier kit, but this is what I've got available and my unemployed status means frivolities like Super Record are currently beyond me.

Here's where things stand - it looks a lot more complete than it actually is!

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
I've not been able to find a great deal of information about it, but here's a review if anyone's interested:

https://road.cc/content/review/1084-bianchi-928-carbon-t-cube-b4p

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Looks a belter.

I hope you can handle those wheels in a crosswind. :okay:

I can, thankfully. Although, it has been a while. I hope I haven't forgotten what to do! Wobble around a lot or something, is that right?

In fact, I can remember exactly the last time I was out on them, a few years ago doing the Haydon Hundred. It was absolutely pishing down and my right side pedal decided to strip the thread on the crank arm. I was annoyed enough having to do the last 20 miles or whatever it was with one leg, but I was even more annoyed to discover that the crankset (Campagnolo Power Torque) was basically impossible to remove without witchcraft.

Slick

Guru
Sounds like a tough enough event without having to complete it one pedal down.

Good luck with the rebuild, far too nice a bike to be in the loft. 👍

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Right, progress update...

Here's the frame and forks as I got them. I'd forgotten that the heads on the bottle mounts are rounded off so struggling to get the remaining one off, and there's one which just spins in place in the down tube. Any ideas?

Better shot of the frame/fork:

Bits and pieces to go on:

Safely stored away:

And finally, the potentially troublesome wheels:

Everything's wiped down and ready to go now, I think all I need is some new bar tape (I liked the mad patterned stuff and tried to save it, but I really hadn't done a good job and there wasn't much point) and a new cable set. I dunno what I was playing at last time, but the lengths were all wrong and the ends of the wires were frayed.

Any advice on the best tool to cut them with?

Gunk

Guru
Buy a Stanley cable cutter.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Buy a Stanley cable cutter.

Ta!

For my first attempt at this I bought a set of Campag cables. Do I need to do that? Because they seem wildly expensive compared to just a Clarks set, for example. Or is it to do with the ends that attach in the shifters?

Been some time since I've done anything like this!

Top Bottom