Bianchi child's mountain bike, likely to be worth anything?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NottsLad

Regular
20200726_143506.jpg

Having a clearout of the garage and wondered if the above is likely to be worth anything. We bought it second hand for our son and he outgrew it years ago but me being a hoarder never got rid of it!

figbat

Slippery scientist
You may have missed the peak, but used bike sales are still pretty buoyant given the difficulty of getting new ones and kids will still insist on having birthdays and growing out of things. I recently sold a Cube 20" kids' MTB on Facebook Marketplace - put it up for £100 and got £80 for it and had to turn away other potential buyers. It was a bit scraped and used but was mechanically perfect. I replaced it with an almost unused Specialized 24" MTB which I paid nearly-new price for, largely because there as such a lack of availability and my son was coming up to his birthday.

I reckon you'd be able to sell that fairly easily for a sum that is worth the effort - in fact it is exactly the sort of thing I would have looked at for my son just a few weeks ago. Give it a good clean and a once-over to make sure everything is tight and dialled-in and take some decent pictures of it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Made over £120 for an over 10 years old Kids 24" Ridgeback a few months ago - bidding went crazy. Give it a good clean and oil (turn the seat post round 180 as the clamp should be at the back).

Don't accept any offers - I had an immediate offer 'I can only afford £30 etc etc' said OK as we'd only paid £50 for it second hand. Message, 'oh it will be tomorrow', never turned up or messaged. Kept getting 'what's your price' so said 'Sorry, been messed about, I'm letting the auction run, good luck. Went for 4x that.

Sold another bike and a tag-along the same way - kept getting silly offers, so same reply, sorry, please bid, good luck. Got good prices for them all and the new owners were well chuffed.

Bikes are still selling for a good price on ebay - supply of new bikes is still difficult.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
My experiences mirror Fossy's, I've moved two children's bikes in the lockdown, okay one was a shed of an Apollo (offered free on Freecycle, gone almost immediately) but then I sold a nearly perfect Carrera children's MTB. I was getting a lot of offers, some good, some silly, some hard luck stories, and then the first buyer never paid, but on relisting it, it was gone in an hour or so. "Buy it now", a hundred pounds. I could have got 160 looking at the mails I got afterwards.

I agree with Figbat that you might have missed the absolute peak but yes, I'm sure that will still sell.

Top Bottom