Bianchi Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Two bikes...

The only difference is whether you want a Shimano or Campagnolo groupset. Many people (myself included, but mainly in jest) will tell you that a Bianchi should always have a Campagnolo groupset and that anything else is an abomination and must be destroyed with fire. :evil:

Basically, see if you can have a ride around on 'em and see which gears you like the feel of best.

And then buy the Campagnolo one.

vickster

Legendary Member
Take advantage of Evans free test rides and see which you prefer. They are both entry level groupsets

Campag, because it's a Bianchi...and the bike is not black, Celeste, classic Bianchi colour but perhaps marmite

winjim

Smash the cistern
Sora is 9 speed 12-27, Xenon 10 speed 12-25. So more gears on the Campagnolo, lower range on Shimano.

FWIW I own a Campagnolo Xenon VN7 and regularly climb >20% hills on it. I've never felt the need for a lower gear.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
It has to be the xenon 10 speed just for the colour alone. Don't like Marmite, but love the Celeste on a Bianchi. :tongue:

If you do opt for the Zenon, it's probably a good idea to stick with the same group set for any N+1 moments.

I have a mixture of 8 and 10 speed Shimano and Campag. and, because they're not compatible, I can't easily interchange rear wheels etc. which can sometimes be a pain in the rear end, :sad:

bpsmith

Veteran
Check these guys out:

http://www.bianchistore.de/Bianchi-Via-Nirone_1

Their prices were a fair bit cheaper in Euro's than in Pounds, even before the exchange rate! Add on €76 for shipping though.

Really easy process and bike arrived within a week or so. No duty or VAT to pay in the UK, as they're in the EU zone. Saved £600 on my order!

OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
Just going to go to Evans today as it's local and I need to pick up a few bits

Globalti

Legendary Member
Er... have the answers on this thread helped you to understand the difference between the two bikes? They are both the same Nirone 7s but one has an Italian groupset and the other Japanese. Both are excellent and it's likely that either groupset will "imprint" you so that you'll go through life using only that brand and swearing it's the best. I would agree that a nice Italian bike should have the Italian groupset. Be careful about the decision!

vickster

Legendary Member
Check these guys out:

http://www.bianchistore.de/Bianchi-Via-Nirone_1

Their prices were a fair bit cheaper in Euro's than in Pounds, even before the exchange rate! Add on €76 for shipping though.

Really easy process and bike arrived within a week or so. No duty or VAT to pay in the UK, as they're in the EU zone. Saved £600 on my order!
For the Sora bike at around €890 delivered, it's no cheaper than the £729 from Evans and you lose the aftersales

bpsmith

Veteran
For the Sora bike at around €890 delivered, it's no cheaper than the £729 from Evans and you lose the aftersales

Fair point on this example. Just posted in case there was another bike with a better discount that might have been worth plumping for.

Without hijacking the thread, are you suggesting that the Bianchi warranty is not worldwide?

vickster

Legendary Member
Fair point on this example. Just posted in case there was another bike with a better discount that might have been worth plumping for.

Without hijacking the thread, are you suggesting that the Bianchi warranty is not worldwide?
No I assume it is, however buying online, you can't troubleshoot at the lbs, no 6 week service, no tweaks to fit at a good price etc. need to weigh up against service and hassle if there's an issue

vickster

Legendary Member
This is the next bike up in the bianchi range, and veloce is a step up from xenon
http://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/bikes/road-bikes/bianchi-impulso-veloce-celeste-2014-road-bike.html

I know they are miles but see if Evans will price match??
Hargroves is on Evans list, indeed that is the same price as the xenon from Evans...if wanting that one though, looking for a price match is cunning!

Bit cheaper http://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/bi...-via-nirone-xenon-celeste-2014-road-bike.html

Top Bottom