Bianchi Reparto Corse Brake Adjustment.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikeman66

Hi all........especially Bianchi owners.

I've bought the good lady a secondhand Bianchi Silvia Dama road bike for Christmas. It's in fantastic condition now it has had a good clean, polish and lube etc.

Only small concern is with the rear brake caliper. It is Bianchi's in-house brand, Reparto Corse, and although the brakes work fine, there doesn't seem to be a small 2mm Allen screw to balance the brake, as is the case with Shimano etc. One of the pads rubs slightly on the rim when the lever is released, so I'd like to be able to balance the brakes to stop this occurring..........if possible.

Any of you guys have experience of these brakes, and perhaps know of any tricks to balance them up. Failing that, I might just upgrade to some 105's, although it would seem a shame to spend extra money when the original brakes actually do work satisfactorily.

Thanks in advance for any tips you guys might be able to give.

S-Express

Loosen the mounting bolt (through the brake bridge), pull the brake on hard and then tighten the retaining bolt again, while holding the brake on. Alternatively, just move the caliper a bit the other way with your fingers. Either should do the trick.

OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

Loosen the mounting bolt (through the brake bridge), pull the brake on hard and then tighten the retaining bolt again, while holding the brake on. Alternatively, just move the caliper a bit the other way with your fingers. Either should do the trick.
Thanks for the tip.

Those brakes are not the greatest. What tends to happen is that the pivot points start to corrode and the whole thing becomes stiff and lacking in braking power. Added to this, they use Shimano type shoes, which are poor. If you really need brakes that are top notch, then the generic Campagnolo skeleton are available for around £50 a pair, and you get better shoes, better mechanics and 3-axis adjustment. Keep them clean and they are not too bad.

Top Bottom