Bianchi Vertigo or Cannondale Supersix Tiagra....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stubbo79

I am looking to spend around £1500 on a new carbon framed road bike and after some extensive searching have found these two as real contenders.

The Bianchi Vertigo comes with the Campagnolo Veloce groupset and the Cannondale with the Shimano Tiagra groupset but I really do not know which is best! On looks alone I would buy the Bianchi without a second thought but I want to make sure I get the best kit I can for my money.

Bianchi, Cannondale or another..... Please help!!!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
You may be able to shop around and get a 2012 Supersix 105 for that price. Apex version for 1150-1200. AFAIK there are only 56cm frames left in the 105 / 2012 variant, though...

I'd certainly take the Dale over a Bianchi, any day!

GIOS

Questo posto è una bettola!
Ride both and find out which you prefer. Both of these bikes are made in China/Taiwan and are of decent quality, Cannondale obviously has it's fanboys but Bianchi is the better looking of these two IMO.

vickster

Legendary Member
Call them in advance to check they have those models - Evans offer a huge range online but have a fraction in their stores, even the big ones

I'd go for the Bianchi probably - but then I don't do American brands for my special bikes :smile:

Tiagra or Veloce for £1500 :eek:

Have you considered the Cannondale CAAD10? £1399 would get you the best alu frame in the world and also Ultegra HERE :thumbsup:

I do concede they aren't the easiest bike to source, (a lot of C'dales are the same in that respect), but there's a damn fine reason for that :becool: IME.

Yup I'm biased, my CAAD10 is the best bike I've ever owned, and I've owned full carbon bikes in the past too, including a Trek Madone 5.5, but the CAAD beats them all IMO.

Just saying :thumbsup:

PS: My 'American' CAAD's frame was built in the Far East and the bike built up with largely Japanese components ;)

OP
OP
Stubbo79

Stubbo79

I would go for the Bianchi and Campagnolo, shame the Canondale don't come with campagnolo, that would be a hard choice.

I read somewhere that the campagnolo groupset is more 'clunkey' when changing gears. How you find it?

OP
OP
Stubbo79

Stubbo79

Have you considered the Cannondale CAAD10? £1399 would get you the best alu frame in the world and also Ultegra HERE :thumbsup:

I do concede they aren't the easiest bike to source, (a lot of C'dales are the same in that respect), but there's a damn fine reason for that :becool: IME.

Yup I'm biased, my CAAD10 is the best bike I've ever owned, and I've owned full carbon bikes in the past too, including a Trek Madone 5.5, but the CAAD beats them all IMO.

I want a carbon framed bike

I read somewhere that the campagnolo groupset is more 'clunkey' when changing gears. How you find it?
That's exactly what I felt when I built a commuter up with a brand new Veloce black groupset.

The best description I could come with was agricultural. I couldn't get rid of it quick enough and went straight back to Shimano.

Horses for course though innit?

GIOS

Questo posto è una bettola!

And how come that I didn't like the CAAD10 at all and went for China Carbon instead. RIBBLE for example has some serious bang for your buck.

Top Bottom