Bianchi Vertigo or Cannondale Supersix Tiagra....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Stubbo79

Stubbo79

Each to their own. Any particular reason though?

Got an Alu frame bike now and for that price want a carbon frame this time round

And how come that I didn't like the CAAD10 at all and went for China Carbon instead. RIBBLE for example has some serious bang for your buck.
Again, horses for courses, and all comments are only based my own experience of 3 full carbon road bikes and a full carbon MTB.

I'd rather have a high end alu frame than a budget carbon one, been there done that, had 2 frames replaced under warranty.

Twice bitten makes me very shy in that respect.

Good luck to the OP though, there are a lot of good bikes out there for the money, but I wouldn't pay £1.5k for Tiagra or Veloce no matter what frame it was on.

GIOS

Questo posto è una bettola!
Again, horses for courses.

I'd rather have a high end alu frame than a budget carbon one, been there done that, had 2 frames replaced under warranty.

Twice bitten makes me very shy in that respect.

Good luck to the OP though, there are a lot of good bikes out there for the money, but I wouldn't pay £1.5k for Tiagra or Veloce no matter what frame it was on.
Alu frames just tend to be too stiff. If the road conditions were bad I had to absorb all the vibration with my arse. I bought my frame from e-hongfu and it has proven to be great. (The main reason why I bought a Hong-Fu was to see if carbon would suit me at all, so far so good and my next frame will be a Fondriest or a Colnago.)

GIOS

Questo posto è una bettola!
Funny how everybody has different tastes, isn't it?

For me - Shimano is head and shoulders above the Campag equivalent. SRAM sits somewhere between the two.
It is, indeed. I gave my 105 gruppo away and went for Centaur. SRAM sits somewhere between the two.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Funny how everybody has different tastes, isn't it?

For me - Shimano is head and shoulders above the Campag equivalent. SRAM sits somewhere between the two.
Never tried Sram, but my other half recently converted to Campagnolo, she say's it's better than the 105 she had before, and my other half is always right, at least that what she tells me.^_^

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I would take the cannondale myself if only for a range of colours and finishes... with Bianchi you can have any colour you like as long as its bluish :laugh:
I'm also in the Shimano over campag camp :thumbsup:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
The SS105 and SSApex have slightly different colourschemes, in that the main decal on the topside of the downtube is grey, for the latter and white, for the former. I prefer the Apex paintjob...

The Tiagra version is quite nice though, in classic Black/Red. I considered getting an Apex or Tiagra one and flogging the groupset, replacing with my existing Ultegra/105.

vickster

Legendary Member
Everything should be available in black.

Black bikes, bleurgh

I have SRAM on my best roadbike and Tiagra on my commuter, I am better at changing gear with Tiagra but then I am inept and simply ride that more

I know all bike frames and components are made in the Far East - I'd just rather support British brands/companies than American conglomerates (and you see fewer of them on the roads) where possible

Ride the bikes and buy what excites you

OP
OP
Stubbo79

Stubbo79

More research, the Focus Cayo Evo 5 seems very good at £1550 with Shimano Ultegra groupset, what's the catch there then??

Top Bottom