Bianchi Via Nirone 7 - Campognolo Xenon

DCBassman

No, not the fish...
Oh, come on everyone. By this stage of the game, I seriously doubt any of these three makes are more than microscopically different in terms of quality of operation.
Personal preference only. Otherwise that stuff would be on every professional bike, without exception.
:biggrin:

vickster

Legendary Member
Oh, come on everyone. By this stage of the game, I seriously doubt any of these three makes are more than microscopically different in terms of quality of operation.
Personal preference only. Otherwise that stuff would be on every professional bike, without exception.
I find Sram and Shimano completely different in look, feel and operation (if comparing the same ‘level’). Not solely a preference between two systems that according to you are the same

DCBassman

No, not the fish...
I don't doubt that they are different, just that this difference is not technical superiority, level for level. Having never experienced anything bar Shimano*, I'm certain I too would notice some difference between systems.
Edit: not true, the Simplex 5er on the rescued Peugeot is, erm, how shall I put it, agricultural?

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't doubt that they are different, just that this difference is not technical superiority, level for level. Having never experienced anything bar Shimano*, I'm certain I too would notice some difference between systems.
Edit: not true, the Simplex 5er on the rescued Peugeot is, erm, how shall I put it, agricultural?
I don’t give a cr@p about technical superiority :okay:

Usability, feel, size, shape and look of the shifters on the bike :okay:

DCBassman

No, not the fish...
I don’t give a cr@p about technical superiority :okay:

Usability, feel, size, shape and look of the shifters on the bike :okay:
Exactly my point. There ARE differences, just not technically-speaking. On the old saw of 'original is always best', Campagnolo should nail it every time, but they don't. And one person's usability is another's fumbling awkwardness. My personal example of this is drop-bar brifters. Horrible. Flat bar EZ-fires are, to me, superior in every way. I might otherwise actually possess a drop bar bike...

Top Bottom