bianchi?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dobber

i have decided i'm going to purchase a bianchi road bike(my first bike in 30 years!) i have around £700 to spend,would i be able to get a new bike for that kind of money or should i be looking at second hand?any advice would be greatly appreciated..dobber

Garz

Squat Member
You can get a new one for that price range but your best off either scouring for an end of line model with a large discount or going second hand.

gbb

Legendary Member
The C2C Via Nirone with Campag Xenon in my LBS is IRO £740 Dobber...it was £760 a few months ago.

Look at Evans (for want of somewhere else)...i see three models
Via Nirone, Xenon @ £674 ( i assume thats a 10 speed). Same as mine, durable on every front, been a very good bike.
Via Nirone, Sora @ £595. ( i assume 9 speed) Nothing wrong with Sora (based on my 8 speed experience)
Via nirone, Shimano 2300 @£524( i assume 8 speed) 2300 a relatively new offering (i think) set below Sora.

Personally, Shimano on an Italian bike doesnt seem right (but thats just my thoughts...lights blue touch paper :biggrin: ...and runs).

Lovely bike...but i'm biased :rolleyes:

Russell Allen

You should be able to find a Via Nirone for that kind of money, certainly the Xenon (get it in celeste and white) but my preference would be to hunt for a discounted 2010 tiagra equiped model. You will not be dissapointed, I have the Ultegra version and its a lovely bike. My other suggestion would be to look at an Orbea Aqua I tried a few bikes and it came down to a Via Nirone or an Aqua. The via nirone is slightly more sure footed/stable and the orbea felt punchier and a little more flighty.

Via Nirone Xenon

Orbea Aqua

Both in your price bracket and both devine

Regards

Russell

e-rider

crappy member
only go secondhand if you REALLY know what you're looking for.

£700 is plenty to get a nice road bike for general weekend riding etc. There is really no need to spend more as you'll want to chnage a few things here and there anyway (saddle, tyres etc.).

Peter10

I have the Nirone Sora 2010 bike. I'm in no way an expert cyclist so it does the job getting me to and from work and doing a few training rides. It has one of the best paint jobs I've seen on a bike too :tongue:.

gbb

Legendary Member
only go secondhand if you REALLY know what you're looking for.

£700 is plenty to get a nice road bike for general weekend riding etc. There is really no need to spend more as you'll want to chnage a few things here and there anyway (saddle, tyres etc.).

Agreed. If you buy secondhand and find the transmissions worn, you're looking at up to IRO £100 to replace chain, cassette and chainrings.

Chrisc

Guru
+1 for the celeste and white Nirone with Xenon. Got mine in April and it's been great. Best part of 3000 miles on it now and I love it.
Dunno what size you need but JE James where I got mine have a 50cm and a 61cm on sale at £619 at the mo. You ought to be able to pick a 2010 model up within your budget.
Here's mine.

whitewall3.jpg

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
I absolutely love the look of the Nirone in Celeste, but WTF is going on with the curved downtube on the cento strade models ???

bianchi-cento-strade-105-2010-road-bike.jpg

OP
OP
D

dobber

i telephoned a local bike shop and they told me,so you think the 53cm will be too small for me mate?

Garz

Squat Member
Maybe not too small just be careful. I started out with a small boardman which fit me well, however when I purchased my latest machine spending over £2k I wanted to make sure it fit properly so got a bike fitting first. I ended up being in between Small and Medium and was told to go for the Medium as it raised the Head Tube up which a smaller frame can't. With the new sloping dimensions of different manufacturers its harder to call but at 5'9" I would say your definitely a medium or a 54.

However I'm no expert, some others on here are far more experienced than me but I recommend getting a proper fit to be honest.

OP
OP
D

dobber

thanks for that info everyone,there's a 53cm bianchi road bike for sale on ebay and the seller states he's 6ft and the bike fits him perfectly?

Top Bottom