bianchi?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lanternerouge

Veteran
Great thread for me as I was about to come on here and ask the same thing - got my eye on this one

Is there much difference between this and the xenon version?

Oooooh this is exciting! :biggrin:

Rebel Ian

There's a few differences in components but both are cracking bikes for the money IMO. Personally I'd go for the Veloce at that price (£300 off).

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Great thread for me as I was about to come on here and ask the same thing - got my eye on this one

Xenon (and Mirage) have been discontinued by Campagnolo, their 'entry level' groupset now being Veloce. (Roughly equivalent to 105 IMO). Looks a great buy at that price!

lanternerouge

Veteran
Awesome, just ordered the Via Nirone 7 Veloce 2010!

In celeste of course ;)
biggrin.gif

redjedi

Über Member
hello guys,i located an evans cycle shop approx 20 miles from where i live, went today and the 55cm bianchi is the correct size for me,bought the via nirone 7 veloce for £800 , collect it end of the week and i can't wait to get my hands on it!!!

Good work Dobber. I look forward to seeing the pics in here as soon as possible.

The ONLY colour for a Bianchi!!

Is the correct answer Ian
thumbsup.png

And so much nicer than the standard black, red or white that all other bikes come in.

Awesome, just ordered the Via Nirone 7 Veloce 2010!

In celeste of course ;)
biggrin.gif

More good news
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 28
OP
OP
D

dobber

Dobber and Rebel Ian, can we have a celeste Via Nirone club??
wave.gif

why not

OP
OP
D

dobber

on a different subject guys, what helmet do you recommend? are the bern watts helmets any good for road biking?

redjedi

Über Member
Any helmet would work, but the Bern Watts ones don't have much ventilation so you may get a bit hot. In summer especially you want as many vents as possible to stop from over heating.

gbb

Legendary Member

I have the 2008 Xenon equipped version, thats a cracking price for Veloce. Cheapest in my LBS is circa £750 for Xenon, so veloce for £799 is fabulous.
Better groupset basically, Veloce caplipers instead of 'unbranded' ones, FSA handlebars, apart from that, its the same give or take. Some bikes have different front forks...mine has full carbon, the one advertised is carbon with an alloy steerer.
The xenon equipped one i has has been faultless, just normal wear on chain etc. I'd recommend without hesitation.

lanternerouge

Veteran
I have the 2008 Xenon equipped version, thats a cracking price for Veloce. Cheapest in my LBS is circa £750 for Xenon, so veloce for £799 is fabulous.
Better groupset basically, Veloce caplipers instead of 'unbranded' ones, FSA handlebars, apart from that, its the same give or take. Some bikes have different front forks...mine has full carbon, the one advertised is carbon with an alloy steerer.
The xenon equipped one i has has been faultless, just normal wear on chain etc. I'd recommend without hesitation.

Brilliant gbb, I really can't wait to get my hands on it now!!
biggrin.gif

gbb

Legendary Member
Some duff info on my last post...:blush:
Xenon in my LBS..£650 not £750
What i found was IF you want the newest model, in my case, it was (at the time) just as cheap in my LBS compared with Evans. They score if you want older stock.
At the time, mine was £599, that came with full carbon fork and carbon wrap seatpost...evans were no cheaper...but remember, that was for the latest model at that time.

Top Bottom