bianchi?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
thanks for that info everyone,there's a 53cm bianchi road bike for sale on ebay and the seller states he's 6ft and the bike fits him perfectly?

There's no way a 53cm would fit someone 6ft tall.

I'm 6ft and ride a 59cm Bianchi 1885. I could have gone for the 57 but I wanted the taller head tube. I then replaced the stem from 130mm to 90mm to give me a perfect fit.

I would say look for 55 or 57. If you don't know exactly what size you need I would go to a LBS to buy your bike. £700 is a lot to spend on a bike and you don't want to end up with the wrong size and be uncomfortable.

If you've got an Evans near you, ask them to get a couple of sizes in for you to try out, they have lot's of deals on 2010 models at the moment

http://www.evanscycles.com/categori...ce_from=&price_to=&sort=&per_page=20&x=30&y=7

OP
OP
D

dobber

i am relieved i didn't bid on that bike, there's bike shop a few miles from where i live called m.steel cycles so i'm heading there next wk

Russell Allen

I am 5'11" with a 32" inside leg, i had a professional fitting for my Via Nirone and a 55 was the best fit.

regards

Russell Allen

Garz

Squat Member
i am relieved i didn't bid on that bike, there's bike shop a few miles from where i live called m.steel cycles so i'm heading there next wk

thumbsup.png

Good decision dobber!

Let us know what a proper fit says.

Rebel Ian

My Bianchi (which I love) is a 57 and I'm a shade over 5'10". A 53 would be way too small even for me let alone someone 6'.

GM

Legendary Member
My Bianchi (which I love) is a 57 and I'm a shade over 5'10". A 53 would be way too small even for me let alone someone 6'.

+1

OP
OP
D

dobber

hello guys,i located an evans cycle shop approx 20 miles from where i live, went today and the 55cm bianchi is the correct size for me,bought the via nirone 7 veloce for £800 , collect it end of the week and i can't wait to get my hands on it!!!

Rebel Ian

hello guys,i located an evans cycle shop approx 20 miles from where i live, went today and the 55cm bianchi is the correct size for me,bought the via nirone 7 veloce for £800 , collect it end of the week and i can't wait to get my hands on it!!!

Great choice. Mine is the same bike although with a couple of enforced modofications (new wheels). It's a fantastic bike - hope it's in Celeste?!

Garz

Squat Member
Good, good dobber! I'm glad for you and didnt think a 53 sounded right for your height!

Happy mileage. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom