bianchi?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

dobber

yeah it has, but it's worth it!:rolleyes:

Rebel Ian

Dobber and Rebel Ian, can we have a celeste Via Nirone club??
wave.gif

Absolutely! You start riding from Stockport and I'll start at Slough and we should meet up around Birmingham!!!!

martint235

Dog on a bike
Oh why did I look in this thread? Just completely fallen for the Via Nirone 7 105 that Evans have and they're even getting in a 63cm frame in April...... :sad:

OP
OP
D

dobber

when i saw the bike in the shop it was the first time i'd seen one in the flesh (or metal)i was totally blown away by the beauty of it,i collect and restore 60's vespa scooters and it was right up there with the best of them

Rebel Ian

when i saw the bike in the shop it was the first time i'd seen one in the flesh (or metal)i was totally blown away by the beauty of it,i collect and restore 60's vespa scooters and it was right up there with the best of them

When I did London to Paris last year one of our group had a Bianchi in Celeste. Love at first sight....I had to have one!!! :wub:

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
I daren't....If I did....everything in my world would turn Celeste...I'd even consider renaming my daughter Bianchi Celeste....No NO NO NO!

Morning Glory

I've just ordered a Via Nirone Xenon and this thread's been a great read. I've got one question though that I'm almost too embarrassed to ask, how do you pronounce Bianchi? Is it Bian-chee or Bian-key?

gbb

Legendary Member
I was thinking about this today funnily enough (and mentioned it in a post the other day)...had my celeste Bianchi over two years, and still love the look, love the bike.
But, two years worth of commuting and riding takes its toll. Gave it a real good clean today (at work, all's quiet :tongue: ) Cranks are scuffed where my shoes have been rubbing, frame has quite a few chips on it, they've all been touched up with a similar colour...and at times, its beginning to show it's use. Completely stripped the calipers today and cleaned all in the recesses of the castings, cleaned out the hole in the front forks where the brake nut goes (you get a lot of crap build up in there)...ditto the rear mount. Lubed the brake cables where accessable
But, the only thing thats failed on it has been the BB.
Its given lots of TLC mind, headsets been stripped and lubed (i was mildly surprised to see slight corrosion in there where the wet gets in), checked the carbon steerer for cracks (just because i'd got it apart).
Mechanically, its 100%. Fitted a new chain today as well.
Rode like a maniac tonight, funny how giving the bike some TLC re-invigorates you as well.

I can't think of another bike that is as visually pleasing as a celeste Bianchi.

Top Bottom