Bib shorts for a 6ft 4" slim man

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DarrenH

I have had enough of bib shorts not fitting correctly. I currently have Castilli and dhb bibs and although the material is snug on me, the pad is no where in the right place - comes too far past my sit bones and sort of sticks out the back.

A bike shop recommended me Endura FS260 Pro shorts which I ordered and tried (Size Small) and they where almost fine except the pad was a little too far past my sit bones.

I know we are all different in our physique shape, but can someone point me in the right direction of a make to try without randomly buying shorts only having to return them - like wise from a bike shop that probably won't have a vast range of makes to try.

What are Madison bibs like as the nearest bike shop stocks this range and can order in colour/sizes of my choosing.

I am a slim 6ft 4" with a 33"- 34" waist and a slim bum.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Darren

vickster

Legendary Member
Can you get to a large racing focused shop like Sigma in Hampton Wick near Kingston? They have loads of brands in store and bibs from all. Assos, Rapha, Sportful etc etc . They also have more online so you could click and collect. You don't pay unless you buy (unlike Evans for example where you pay in advance)

That's if you have no luck with the Madison ones locally

vickster

Legendary Member
They'll all have different brands, hop on the bike and ride between them trying as you go (pack some undies for hygiene reasons of course)

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I have heard that LUSSO sell a huge variety of sizes (10 I think) I am looking for some new bib shorts too. My Endura FS260 Pro have been the best yet at £60 but I can’t find any on the web. I like the look of the LUSSO Carbon bib shorts.

My Howies are ok on shorter rides. Over 200km they have started to give me a saddle sore. Sadness.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
There is more to this question than just height though, isn't there - isn't the fit going to depend on where your extended height actually comes from?

I am 6' 1" tall but I have 32" legs more typically found on a man of about 5' 10". I make up the height difference with a long torso and therefore often find shoulder straps on bibs too short, as if I were more like 6' 4" tall.

I'm not understanding why the pad can be in the wrong place...

Back in the days before I became a fat git, I was regularly sitting at 12 st 3lb - 12st 7lb mark with 32" waist (also 6'4") and never had any issues with any bibshorts

OP
OP
DarrenH

DarrenH

I have heard that LUSSO sell a huge variety of sizes (10 I think) I am looking for some new bib shorts too. My Endura FS260 Pro have been the best yet at £60 but I can’t find any on the web. I like the look of the LUSSO Carbon bib shorts.

My Howies are ok on shorter rides. Over 200km they have started to give me a saddle sore. Sadness.
I ordered FS260Pro direct of Endura and they came from a bike shop in Devon, but they where £84.99 .

OP
OP
DarrenH

DarrenH

There is more to this question than just height though, isn't there - isn't the fit going to depend on where your extended height actually comes from?

I am 6' 1" tall but I have 32" legs more typically found on a man of about 5' 10". I make up the height difference with a long torso and therefore often find shoulder straps on bibs too short, as if I were more like 6' 4" tall.

I am pretty much 50/50 split -legs/torso. I have a 35-36" inside leg and I weigh just under 12stone.

FWIW the last bib shorts I bought were from TENN and they've been very good for the price IMO.

I'm 6'5" with a 35" inseam, however I could certainly never be described as a 'slim man', so I don't know if the great fit I get would be the same for a racing snake such as your good self ^_^

Last edited:
Top Bottom