Bib shorts for the larger lad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

livpoksoc

Guru
I've had a trusty pair of DHB shorts for seven years or so, along with another pair from Decathlon. Both have been eaten by the washing machine, so I want to get a new pair for when they finally become a distraction for other road users.

I ordered four pairs of DHB shorts over the last couple of weeks from Wiggle (1 & 2) but had to return all of them. I originally assumed their XL would be as good as my trusty old pair. Sadly, their XL shorts are a little snug (a mixture of them using tighter materials, and my current ones probably stretching in the wash over the years (and my penchant for cake). Their XXL though are perfect in terms of tightness, but the leg is too long and the grippers seem to sit on the back of my knee, so I imagine when riding they'll get rather annoying.

I looked at Decathlon, but they seem to have introduced a weird pocket on their bib short legs that some reviewers say is annoying and pointless.

It leaves me with a problem - where can I find a good pair of bib shorts for the larger lad (5ft 10, 19st, 40" waist). They don't need to be for endurance as I've done Ride London twice on my ~£40 pairs without any real issue with soreness.

TIA!

GetFatty

Über Member
I'm a very tall 18 stone and Planet X XL fit me perfectly

Landsurfer

Veteran
I'm a very tall 18 stone and Planet X XL fit me perfectly
I'm a 6' 2" 18 stone LSD cyclist ... Planet X xxl are a superb fit .... Clubman for choice, £25, but currently out of stock, but any of the others will be fine, just bought a pair with the online 30% discount code for £19.99 .... faultless. Mine have taken me on LEJOG, English Northern CTC and all my daily rides without comment ... which is how it should be ...

vickster

Legendary Member
No idea, I put them on the cheaper end.
Sportpursuit have some good deals but do have to pay delivery

cannot speak to sizing but they have these in xxl. The Rivelo Beaumont look promising. you need to sign up,on the site to see the details. Sportpursuit.com
Let me know if you decide to order and I can provide a referral ;)

Attachments

• CC8BA34C-5325-45F5-BC02-76A01FC77B40.png
    CC8BA34C-5325-45F5-BC02-76A01FC77B40.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
This company has some good prices on XXL bib shorts

https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/rangeViewer.asp?audienceID=2&categoryID=312&Sizes='XX-Large'&orderedlist=bestSellers&pricerange=&NoOfProducts=30

Reviews suggest the Madison ones are generously sized

Top Bottom