Bib shorts guidance please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
My advise would be to save the pennies and buy something really good. I gave away to charity a few bibs after I bought my first Assos bibs. From cheap Aldi bibs to Goirdana Tennat and Shutt VR Pro. The comfort Assos offers has no comparison in my experience. I can save money on cycling tops, socks but not on bibs. probably shoes and gloves are the other areas where I don't mind spending a bit more.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Have to say after buying a pair of Exteondo bibs in a sale ( should of been £100 ) there is a world of difference. However a balk at paying full price hence buy in a sale if you can. I`m sure at some point I will buy a pair of Assos, maybe when I`m a bit more flush. On the subject of DHB, I have one pair which were very comfy to start with but not so now. Even a pair of Lusso shorts I raved about are now not that great a fit after a few washes. I have started though handwashing my shorts to see if they last that bit longer. The key I think is how long are you spending in the saddle if only short ( no pun intended ) periods then cheaper option might be more cost effective?

OP
OP
Sniffer77

Sniffer77

Huge thanks to everyone for the replies.
Will trawl through them all tonight and get something ordered.
Those gore ones do look a bargain as gore always seem really expensive . Has anyone ordered from them before?

Paul99

Über Member
Huge thanks to everyone for the replies.
Will trawl through them all tonight and get something ordered.
Those gore ones do look a bargain as gore always seem really expensive . Has anyone ordered from them before?
I ordered from them on Saturday. Parcel delivered today.

arch684

Veteran
hi I just ordered a pair of tenn pro from ebay £22 they got good reviews on another forum.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Don't buy bib shorts they are bloody uncomfortable and a blumen nuisance when you want a pee and even worse if you want a tom tit. Save some money and buy decent padded shorts.

Paul99

Über Member
Don't buy bib shorts they are bloody uncomfortable and a blumen nuisance when you want a pee and even worse if you want a tom tit. Save some money and buy decent padded shorts.
Buy bib shorts unless you either like a drafty back or live in the southern hemisphere, have a weak bladder or are unable to plan your toiletry requirements (polite version).

Top Bottom