BIB Shorts with thicker pad.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't want to spend the earth - but any suggestions for a set of bib shorts. I tend to be more comfortable in shorts with a thicker pad - was looking at DHB ? - any suggestions before I pull the trigger ?

vickster

Legendary Member
Gore

Endura. I think they do different "ride time" ratings. Endura shorts are great and almost certainly better than DHB.
I have some Endura 3/4 tights (not bibs) which do have a pretty decent pad - my favoured one for longer rides. Better than Polaris. So yes I would agree/take a serious look at anything by Endura.
(note - I don't have anything by DHB so can't compare with their stuff)

I did see Lusso trumpeting some 10/10 reviews of their shorts. You might want to look at those - they'll have reviewed them against a fair few pairs of other shorts ?

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
Come to think of it I've got a pair of Lusso coolmax shorts that are about 20yrs old.... gone a bit too thin now but they were really good.

Not clubman but Proline (never been too sure of the difference - which is the better one?) but these from Planet X on short-term offer.
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLPXP...273514545&mc_cid=fa1e1fa6de&mc_eid=50209ebaed
excellent price for sure.
For around £20 these are ridiculous value! I've been living in 2 pairs most of 2021. They were very comfy on a 130mile ride, but started to let me down somewhere on my bank-holiday 200mile lap-of-Devon. They wrinkle-up very very slightly, which is what I think created the start of a sore :sad: So they won't be my go-to multi-day ride shorts!

Also be aware they have the highest front bib section I have ever known. Not a big problem, but slows down mid-ride micturation considerably ...

For around £20 these are ridiculous value! I've been living in 2 pairs most of 2021. They were very comfy on a 130mile ride, but started to let me down somewhere on my bank-holiday 200mile lap-of-Devon. They wrinkle-up very very slightly, which is what I think created the start of a sore :sad: So they won't be my go-to multi-day ride shorts!

Also be aware they have the highest front bib section I have ever known. Not a big problem, but slows down mid-ride micturation considerably ...
there is a zip?
If so how's the zip?
yep I have used planetX non padded full length bibs and the front is high - so toilet stops are interesting even with the zip down.
On price, those things are even better value as they are currently on a 3 for 2 offer.

Top Bottom