Bib shorts

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

My Decathlon bib shorts have finally failed my and are forming holes in the leg area and the padding is becoming loose. Now it's time for new bibs :biggrin:

I'm looking for something around £40, preferably in black and comfortable for 3-4 hour rides so good padding is a must.

Things like the dhb Aeron, Altura Airstream, dhb Vaeon Roubaix and Altura Progel bib shorts all get good reviews and are in my budget - any thoughts on these or do you have any other recommendations?

Cheers,
Jaz

Pekaroo

Über Member
Hi Jaz
Got a pair of the dhb Aeron myself and i find them comfy for my 2/3 hour rides they also seem to dry pretty quick after getting caught in the odd shower.
cant comment on the others but hopefully someone will.
Pekaroo

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Hi Jaz
Got a pair of the dhb Aeron myself and i find them comfy for my 2/3 hour rides they also seem to dry pretty quick after getting caught in the odd shower.
cant comment on the others but hopefully someone will.
Pekaroo

There's nothing worse than wet bib shorts :rain: I've started going on club rides recently and they can last anything from 2 to 4 hours so I don't want to be getting uncomfortable while we're still riding. :thumbsup:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
dnb are usually pretty good VFM. Wouldn't hesitate to use their stuff, I have leg warmers (roubaix) and arm warmers (roubaix and standard lycra) and the quality is spot on for the price. I really like the roubaix warmers and would buy more when needed without question.

If you budget can be stretched, I would say go for these over the standard version, they are very good: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-aeron-pro-cycling-bib-short/

Sign up for the wiggle newsletter to a spare email address and use the £5 off voucher to get them for £60.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Love the DHB stuff myself. Have the bib tights with the Roubaix lining so nice and cosy just now. Had a slide on ice yesterday and my knee was scraped and bleeding but there wasn't a mark on the tights so must be reasonably tough too.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Sorry guys, budget is around £40 unfortunately, I can't stretch to anything more than that.

zizou

Veteran
http://www.zipvitsport.co.uk/products/zv-sport-clothing.html is pretty good value - basically cheap kit so you can advertise their product

zizou

Veteran
Have you tried them out? The kit looks nice, thinking about ordering the bibs and long sleeve jersey.

Yeah, pretty good particularly for the price. The long sleeve top is nice too, sort of fleece lined so is good for about freezing with a base layer underneath and a waterproof on top but also good for the spring and autumn too just wearing it on its own.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Yeah, pretty good particularly for the price. The long sleeve top is nice too, sort of fleece lined so is good for about freezing with a base layer underneath and a waterproof on top but also good for the spring and autumn too just wearing it on its own.

Sounds good then, any thoughts on the sizing? Is it standard stuff or is it 'italian fit'?

zizou

Veteran
Sounds good then, any thoughts on the sizing? Is it standard stuff or is it 'italian fit'?

I cant remember what size i ordered (and i've cut the label off so i cant check) but i just went by the size chart and it was accurate.

Top Bottom