Bib shorts

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Billy Adam

Found the padding very thin on their stuff tbh and the fit was very bad, 1 size up and it was still cutting the circulation off at my thighs.
I've only tried a couple of their tops tbh and they've been fine.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

I cant remember what size i ordered (and i've cut the label off so i cant check) but i just went by the size chart and it was accurate.

I don't suppose you could snap a quick pic of the kit? I think that I'll go for the bibs and jersey but Zipvit don't have any real pics of it up. Cheers if you can ;)

Peteaud

Veteran
Altura progel.

I have a pair and they have been good, nice and comfy.

For the price, yes i would get them again.

Although i am a bit of an Altura fan anyway as i think most (not all) of their stuff is good value.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Its in the washing machine at the moment (had the top on today :biggrin: ) but there is a club in england that they sponsor and the kit they have is very similar click on the pictures for a bigger version http://www.lichfieldccc.org.uk/?p=1194

Thanks for the link, that kit looks pretty good and it looks more expensive than it is. I'm gonna go for the bib shorts, the long sleeve jersey and the leg warmers - thanks zizou :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You really can't go wrong with DHB Bibs.
I have tried many other brands and for the money DHB's are spot on and well worth the money.

My Decathlon bib shorts have finally failed my and are forming holes in the leg area and the padding is becoming loose. Now it's time for new bibs :biggrin:

I'm looking for something around £40, preferably in black and comfortable for 3-4 hour rides so good padding is a must.

Things like the dhb Aeron, Altura Airstream, dhb Vaeon Roubaix and Altura Progel bib shorts all get good reviews and are in my budget - any thoughts on these or do you have any other recommendations?

Cheers,
Jaz

Btwin bib shorts from Decathlon are £8.99; from your experience are they worth a punt? It says occasional use- does that mean they'll break really quick or is it just a little less comfortable if you wear them a lot?

Thanks for any advice, might give them a go!

C

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Btwin bib shorts from Decathlon are £8.99; from your experience are they worth a punt? It says occasional use- does that mean they'll break really quick or is it just a little less comfortable if you wear them a lot?

Thanks for any advice, might give them a go!

C

I've been wearing and washing mine every single day for the past four months and it wasn't until I put them on a few days ago that I noticed a hole in the thigh area, after an inspection I noticed that half of the padding had become unstitched which meant it wasn't staying in place when I was riding. I think I paid £15 for mine, for £9 you can't really go wrong - they're going to be much better than the cheapo SportsDirect alternatives.

Mine were rated as 'best for occasional use for rides up to 2 hours' and I used them for rides that lasted 4+ hours and it was around the 3 hour mark when they started getting uncomfortable.

Top Bottom