Bib shorts

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yeah, the jersey wasn't restrictive but it was tight, it kept me nice and warm so that's a plus. The shorts seem to come down to my knees and surely a size up means that they'll be even longer which I don't particularly want?

Unfortunately, this is the problem with cycling gear. There is no standard fit between all the various manufacturers.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Yeah, the jersey wasn't restrictive but it was tight, it kept me nice and warm so that's a plus. The shorts seem to come down to my knees and surely a size up means that they'll be even longer which I don't particularly want?

Tight is right, IMO.

Are you very short? I have never come across shorts that are particularly long. But then I am tall.

bainy16

What height and leg are you if you dont mind me asking was thinking of getting the shorts but if they are that bad of a fit i'll give them a miss is the pad any good? the top i have feels really good value for the money

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

I washed the shorts and went out for a ride today today with them on, quite a bit better but I've found that they're digging in at just one point. I don't think I'll benefit from going up to a bigger size, I guess I'll just live with it or lose some weight ^_^

zizou

Veteran
Got my jersey and shorts in the mail today, *very* tight fitting - that might be because it says 'Made in Italy'. The long sleeve jersey kept me warm in 1C temps tonight but the bib shorts were very very uncomfortable. I had to re adjust them every 30 seconds, they were so bad that I'm considering returning them.

I feel bad about recommending them now! :ohmy:

Guess shorts are a bit like saddles what is good for someone might not be so good for another.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

I feel bad about recommending them now! :ohmy:

Guess shorts are a bit like saddles what is good for someone might not be so good for another.

They aren't too bad, the pad is good - best pad I've ever used actually.

Anyone here tried out chamois cream (I hear Sudocrem also works?), would that help?

Morgan Blue chamois cream for me, cheap as chips, but a revelation in the under region comfort. Bought a large pot in August and I think it will last till next August

Anybody got any thoughts On the DHB Aeron shorts as I just ordered a pair and with other makes have been advised to go a size larger, but looking at their sizig chart it seems the size lage will fit (though i've in the past had XL size of the Tenn brand of bibs) Still at least with Wiggle you can seen back Post free so if I have dropped a clanger It will turn out ok in the end. and by the time I get them the Rain thats promised for this weekend here will be gone!

SWSteve

Guru
Anybody got any thoughts On the DHB Aeron shorts as I just ordered a pair and with other makes have been advised to go a size larger, but looking at their sizig chart it seems the size lage will fit (though i've in the past had XL size of the Tenn brand of bibs) Still at least with Wiggle you can seen back Post free so if I have dropped a clanger It will turn out ok in the end. and by the time I get them the Rain thats promised for this weekend here will be gone!

The Aeron shorts sizes are pretty good. I have a 32-34 waist and wear a medium. In fancy shorts I've tried on I'm a L/XL. Hope it helps, and Wiggles free returns is pretty good

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
DHB is bang on for size normally, large fitted me perfectly. Used to go up a size but it would appear the size charts are fairly accurate.

thanks for the feedback guys but As "does my bum look big in this" (it was round my thigh's too) I found it was tight, so have sent back to exchange for the XL size as you say Steve the returns policy of wiggle is good as only had to take it round the corner to the local shop Its strange though as got some ten bib shorts and those were XL and fitted ok and half the price But though I would spend out a bit more and get some with better padding in them Just about to investigate the chamois cream thing as that's supposed to help too

SWSteve

Guru
thanks for the feedback guys but As "does my bum look big in this" (it was round my thigh's too) I found it was tight, so have sent back to exchange for the XL size as you say Steve the returns policy of wiggle is good as only had to take it round the corner to the local shop Its strange though as got some ten bib shorts and those were XL and fitted ok and half the price But though I would spend out a bit more and get some with better padding in them Just about to investigate the chamois cream thing as that's supposed to help too

Chamois Cream/Vaseline make a huge difference, I use the Udderly Smooth cream on wiggle and have no complaints (a good thing seen as what I would be complaining about...). I'm not sure what the difference between that and £15 tubs is, but it still works well

Top Bottom