bicycle insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

When I got back to the stand after shopping today, my bike was gone. I swore my head off and asked a couple of goths unlocking their mountain bikes if they'd seen anything. At first I think they thought I was accusing them, but they got sympathetic when I told them it cost hundreds. They pointed out CCTV and said I should go to the police and shopping centre people.

However, while they were dolefully dishing out their dark sympathy, I noticed my bike at the next stand, and I was in fact at the wrong one. But they seemed to be enjoying talking to a normal, and to tell the truth I was quite enjoying the sympathy, so I just went along with it, and pretended to walk off in search of the police station. I in fact hid round the corner, waited for them to go, then got my bike.

It got me thinking though, not just about the value of the bike, but the amount of time I spent getting it just right.

What do people do about insurance, and what results have they had with claims?

longers

Legendary Member
Good story xx(.

M+S home insurance has been mentioned a few times on here. If I recall they will insure to a four figure sum on more than one bike and will do this for when the bike is not in the home. I will be contacting them when I get round to it.

longers

Legendary Member
I had a bike stolen about 20 years ago and reported it to the police for the incident number and claimed on insurance.

A few weeks later I got a letter from the Victim of Crime Support group asking if I needed counselling!

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

longers said:
I had a bike stolen about 20 years ago and reported it to the police for the incident number and claimed on insurance.

A few weeks later I got a letter from the Victim of Crime Support group asking if I needed counselling!

Did you get it all back at some sort of equivalent retail price? Can you claim for the lock as well?

I'd have gone to the counselling to get my money's worth.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
longers said:

I'd need counselling if anyone took my bike!!

Top Bottom