Bicycle repatriation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sixtyplus

I took a tumble whilst on a cycling holiday in Ireland which resulted in an 8 day stay in hospital. I’m now back home in Manchester but my bike is still in Dublin. Does anyone know of a service that will package my bike and transport it back to Manchester? Any advice gratefully received

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I can't help, but welcome to the forum, and I hope you're fully recovered.
:welcome:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Could you get the owners of the hotel or B&B to do it? Or at least deliver it to a bike shop who would do it for a fee?

Hope you're recovering now?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'd suggest contacting a bike shop close to the bikes location and asking them if they'd be prepared to recover, pack it and ship it to you.
Might not be cheap.

Welcome to the forum.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I'd be tempted to hop across the water and collect it meself or get someone to do it for you.

I imagine finding a company that does this, and does it for a reasonable sum, will be slim.

OP
OP
S

Sixtyplus

Sounds like an excuse for another trip to Dublin.
This was my first thought but I’m not going to be fit to cycle for another 2 months

OP
OP
S

Sixtyplus

Was just thinking this @Moodyman if you feel up to it get a cheap flight and bring the bike back as baggage, although you'll likely get charged extra for it.
Had crossed my mind, Ryanair don’t carry bikes, Aer Lingus want to charge €60 excess baggage and it will need to be double boxed.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Was just thinking this @Moodyman if you feel up to it get a cheap flight and bring the bike back as baggage, although you'll likely get charged extra for it.

I recently returned from a week's cycle touring in Ireland. Beautiful country and people, and I could easily be persuaded to hop across in a hatchback.

I'm not far from Manchester (Bradford). An early start would mean a same day return from/to Holyhead.

If the OP gets stuck, I could be persuaded for the cost of fuel and ferry tickets.

classic33

Leg End Member
I recently returned from a week's cycle touring in Ireland. Beautiful country and people, and I could easily be persuaded to hop across in a hatchback.

I'm not far from Manchester (Bradford). An early start would mean a same day return from/to Holyhead.

If the OP gets stuck, I could be persuaded for the cost of fuel and ferry tickets.
What about Liverpool to Dublin?

Top Bottom