Bicycle Rides - Aboard the Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you like to read travelogues, get hold of a copy of Cold Beer and Crocodiles written by the OP. A story of a bicycle trip round Australia. It’s a good read.
OK. Just ordered a copy.

OP
OP
hoopdriver

hoopdriver

Guru
I was having fun with the King George V colonnade at Bexhill-on-Sea yesterday morning, recreating the sense of some of those 1950s bicycle advertisements. (It helps to have a classic tourer when you're doing this!)

Fifties Cycling Ad-1.jpg

OP
OP
hoopdriver

hoopdriver

Guru
Whereas yesterday's ride took me into a 1950s bicycle advertisement, this morning I found myself swept off to the Riviera of F. Scott Fitzgerald - even if the Cote d'Azur in this case was no further afield than Bexhill-on-Sea. I love the way a bicycle allows you to exercise your imagination as well as your legs.
Riviera-1.jpg

OP
OP
hoopdriver

hoopdriver

Guru
Mists on the marsh road this morning:

Misty Morning-12.jpg

OP
OP
hoopdriver

hoopdriver

Guru
I especially like the misty photo, very atmospheric. Presumably you are using a radio remote shutter release??
Thank you!

I’ve got what is called an intervalometer. It allows me to set the camera to fire off a string of images, as many as I like, at whatever interval between them, and set a delay of anything from one second to 99 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds. They are expensive pieces if kit for what they are, but for the kind of work I do they are indispensable.

Top Bottom