Bicycle Rides - Aboard the Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a programmable shutter release called an intervalometer. It allows me to set whatever delay I want and then have the camera shoot as many frames as I want at whatever interval. It’s a wonderful piece of kit!
ah interesting! I've heard of those but haven't thought about them in years. nice work! your efforts pay off nicely!

OP
OP
hoopdriver

hoopdriver

Guru

A dark and rainy morning on a lane near the village of Doleham, East Sussex

OP
OP
hoopdriver

hoopdriver

Guru
nice timing of the ambient light w/ the headlamp!
Thanks - there is a very brief window in which one can take images such as this. It needs to be dark enough to convey a sense of lamplit riding, yet light enough for detail - and you need an ISO and f-stop that will allow you to keep yourself in sharp focus as you roll towards the camera. It's a real juggling act, shooting at this hour.

footloose crow

Über Member
Did you see the results of the Strava photo competition? One of the winning shots was taken with a self timer in low light. Good but some of the @hoopdriver photos here are better.

OP
OP
hoopdriver

hoopdriver

Guru

I pedalled down to the Hastings seafront an hour before dawn on a cold, wet and misty morning. THe tide was ebbing. I went down onto the beach and loved this glipse of the massive Victorian ironwork of the pier cast against the heavy blue cast of the light. It created a moodiness that appealed to me and so I set up my tripod and camera and captured this image. I hope you like it.

Top Bottom