Bicycles and Beards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Niblox

What do other members here think about cycling with a beard?;) I find it keeps my face warm, :cold:though on the down side, I find my helmet straps get caught in the bristly bits under the chin, and that can be uncomfortable:eek:.

Any other observations?

:biggrin:

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
No problems here although it can get icicles in the winter.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Don't have any choice, but no sandals or CTC. British Cycling member. Confound the stereotypes!

D

Deleted member 1258

yorkshiregoth said:
No problems here although it can get icicles in the winter.

Same here, just the icicles are sometimes a nuisance in the winter and its something else to dry after a wet ride.

Wobbly John

Veteran
Niblox said:
What do other members here think about cycling with a beard?:biggrin: I find it keeps my face warm, :cold:though on the down side, I find my helmet straps get caught in the bristly bits under the chin, and that can be uncomfortable:eek:.

Any other observations?

:biggrin:

You have a beard - Priorities are keeping face warm and comfort of helmet straps - No commitment to family/friends/loved ones?

' Nuff said? :biggrin:

markg0vbr

Über Member
Gerry Attrick said:
Doesn't a beard get impregnated with sn...er I mean mucous?
my Handel bar must ash soakes up any nasal discharge. as i keep it waxed it sort of channels every thing away from the top lip, when i have the plat in i can stick odd thing in it for safe keeping (pencil, head phone ear piece while chatting to some one) i agree about the sandals so fitted mine with hobnails and painted the bottom yellow, feet first bike, so thick woollen socks are the order of the day.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
youngoldbloke said:
Icicles? No problem - use a buff.

I find icicles on my beard just make me look harder and more intimidating...

I arrived at a job to back up a clean shaven vehicle bound colleague on my bike this winter with large Icicles on my beard. My colleague is bigger than me, harder than me and a damned usefull chap to have around when things turn nasty. However it was me that drunken scrotes didn't want to mess with...:ohmy: I guess looking like a cross between Grizzly Adams and Beowulf in a a bright yellow stab vest has it's advantages.

I think mine speeds me up as a cyclist, it may make me less aerodynamic but the moustache portion does mean I don't have to stop to wipe my nose so often.

Top Bottom