Bidets....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Good for washing your feet in.:okay:

Katherine

Guru
A midwife recommended one when we had the bathroom fitted. I used it for the few weeks after giving birth but the rest of the time it's too much trouble. This is because we have a multipoint boiler so it takes a while for the hot water to run through upstairs. It is also quite a fine art to then mix the hot and cold water to a comfortable temperature at the required force with your hand over it to stop it washing the ceiling ! It really needs a temperature regulator like you get in a shower head. This works perfectly from the same multipoint boiler, in fact we have occasionally used the shower head over the shower in place of the bidet.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
[QUOTE 5180647, member: 45"]We had one next to the toilet in the house we grew up in. The jet was really powerful (it could hit the ceiling) and there was a lever which swapped the water between the jet and swilling the bowl. We kids knew that visitors had often not seen one before so we'd set the lever to the jet, know that inquisitiveness often got the better of the toilet sitter. It wasn't uncommon for visitors to reappear downstairs with a wet head.[/QUOTE]
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Lozz360

Veteran
I would hate to be without one now. I don't like going where there is not one available. If you think about it, smearing paper over one's bum to clean it is a bit gross in comparison!

colly

Re member eR
I think the article has it wrong. People aren't stubborn or agin bidets at all.

Just look at the size of the average British bathroom, especially in new houses. There is hardly enough room to perform the natural function that would require the use of a bidet.

If I came from Tunbridge Wells I would be disgusted.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
We have one and it's used for washing all manner of stuff, as well as the obvious ones. In India, they sometimes have a conventional loo and a with a mini shower head on a flexible hose in the wall next to it.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
That’s a bum gun, as referenced up thread.
Popular in the Middle East too.
Sorry, I thought the bum gun was some kind of water pistol.
bum gun.jpg

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Having been an enthusiastic user of bum guns in Kerala a couple of months ago, I'm curious about how to wash them after use. Should you just stick them down the khazi and flush?

Top Bottom