Bidets....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Sorry, I thought the bum gun was some kind of water pistol. View attachment 399735
How very Victorian, using child labour to do the job.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
An ex-acquaintance of mine now tips the scales at 32 stone and is too big with short arms to...erm..reach down behind:blush:. They have to shower that bit after every visit to the loo. Bidets may be useful for similar obese folk.

Globalti

Legendary Member
When I was a student at Grenoble Uni the rooms in halls had a partitioned area with a wash basin and a bidet, presumably because in the seventies students were expected to have very active sex lives, and as companies like Unilever and Colgate used to tell us with glee, French people took very few baths and showers judging from the fact that their usage of toilet soap was less than half that of Germans and British. The halls had 2 loos for about 20 rooms and 2 showers on each floor for about 40 rooms. Presumably everybody used the bidet as a toilet, for number ones at least.

Later in life when I got my own home I fitted a bidet but it never got used because the shower was so good so since then I've never fitted one. In some hotels it's quite common to smell drains in the bathrooms because the traps in the bidets have dried out, a few seconds of water from the tap refills them and blocks the smell.

So, a waste of time and money nowadays when everybody takes showers.

Last edited:

Tin Pot

Guru
* and people who live in Kent
:ohmy:

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I've moved recently and the new place has a bidet. It doesn't have a jet upwards but it's like a mini bath with normal taps. Am I supposed to sit on it and slap a load of water all over down under? Presumably I should sit facing the taps as well?
The other thing this place has is a macerator, which blocked in the first week, ugh, what a job (no pun intended).

Top Bottom